Before we booked into this property we put a lot of thought into whether we wanted to stay slopeside or downtown. We definitely made the correct decision to stay downtown. Steamboat is such a great little town with individual shops and restaurants - not much evidence of corporate giants that is was much easier to immerse yourself into the town by staying downtown. Had we stayed slopeside I'm convinced we would have missed out on an awful lot - in particular the winter carnival which we lucky enough to watch during our stay.
The lodge is on what I'd call the edge of downtown, we wouln't have wanted to stay any further down the road. It's right across the road from the ski bus in the morning and in the afternoon it stops practically outside. This meant that in the morning we had no problem getting on the bus.
Our room was a little on the small side compared to other motels we've stayed in. Having said that it was big enough. It was spotless as was the bathroom. The tv was a little on the ancient side (CRT not flat screen) but we didn't go to Steamboat to watch tv. And as other reviewers have commented the wi-fi signal was sometimes weak but we didn't go to surf the net all day. Breakfast was better than anticipated cereals, fruit, muffins, donuts, bread, waffles bagels etc. with the added bonus of coffee being available all day. We certainly didn't feel the need to fill up with anything else until later in the day.
Greg, the owner, was always present at breakfast to answer any questions or help with restaurant recommendations. In fact just talking to him opened up a whole new world of possibilities for us regarding food and drink.
As previously mentioned they scraped the snow off you car if iit snowed. But they went further than this. We were asked to leave our car keys when we went skiing so that they could clear the car park of snow and they did this every time it snowed. This may not sound a big deal but we later stayed at accommodation where they didn't do this and the car park was like an I've rink!
I would thoroughly recommend the lodge to anyone and couldn't imagine paying the over inflated prices to stay slopeside
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best lodging downtown Steamboat. Top rated hotel, motel and condo units, outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, refrigerator and microwave, Free Wi-Fi, walking distance to 30 restaurants, Yampa River, parks, kayaking, hot springs, skiing, ice skating, fishing, biking, snowshoeing, walking, hiking, running trails, shopping, movies, local markets, Colorado Mountain College, soda Creek Elementary, favorite place to stay, new rooms, great reviews, best location, newest rooms downtown, close, convenient, comfortable, very clean, discounted rates and packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nordic Lodge Of Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Nordic Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Nordic Motel Steamboat Springs