“Great Place!”

Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Big House Burgers is kind of off the beaten path in Steamboat. We were in town from Texas for a youth soccer tournament that was kind of on the out skirts of town. We had an extremely large group (13 soccer players, parents, and siblings). When we first arrived our waitress was pretty firm about us having to be on one ticket. We were disappointed, because someone always manages to get screwed out of money in a situation like this. To keep from losing our business, a female manager stepped in and offered to help the waitresses out, and each family was able to have their own tickets. The food was great, and we would definitely return!!!

1  Thank alw00d1227
Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Great to hear! Glad we were able to take care of your group.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were very surprised. Not for any particular reason, we just did not think about our meals being good or bad. The service was very good and the food was great. One of the best burgers, think it was Angus beef, on our trip so far. July 28th

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

So happy to read you liked your burgers. Thank you!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our server was very nice and we really appreciated her discretion in whispering to us at the end of the meal that our kids meals came with a shake but only if we wanted it. The burger selections were extensive and you could craft your own but seemed on the smaller side and just a bit pricey. Despite the emptiness of this place on a Monday there was no hostess to seat us and we stood for quite sometime before the bartender finally took pity on us after she served several bar sitters and sat us at a table.

Thanks for the feedback. This is helpful to know.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I went here while on vacation with my family in Steamboat. After looking at multiple restaurant menus, we decided to go to Big House Burgers. It seemed like a great place for some casual American food.
When we got there, no one was in thre parking lot. Bad sign, but we decided to go in anyways. We were seated and my dad ordered a mojito, me and my sister ordered Arnold Palmers. Service was decent and quick, but the drinks were terrible. The mojito was watered down and plain, and had no sweetness at all. My dad had to ask for another one because it was pretty bad. Both of the Arnold Palmers were bad, they had too much tea and also lacked in sweetness. I didn't know it was possible to mess one of those up, especially when this place has such great reviews!
Seeing as the drinks gave us a bad impression of the place, we decided to only order appetizers and see how we felt afterwards. Thank goodness we didn't order entrees.
We ordered the Jamaican style wings and the Nachos. The wings were ok, but very sweet and dry. They were not a big hit with us. The nachos, however, were just plain bad. I thought it would be interesting to try a different kind of nachos (not your usual beans and cheese, but pulled pork), but boy was I wrong. They were of different strange ingredients, like green olives and celery. There were also a TON of jalapenos, making them super spicy. Overall, they were dry and sweet tasting, and just plain unappetizing.
The service was satisfactory, our waitress helped with remaking my dad's mojito and she was friendly. Overall though, the experience was less than satisfying, and I regret that being our first meal in Steamboat. Maybe a good idea to go with just the highly-recommended burgers next time!

2  Thank lefoosh

I'm very sorry to hear this. Certainly not what we aim to be. I'll be passing along this feedback to our entire staff so we can work to improve what's coming out of the kitchen and bar. Thank you.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We were surprised by how busy it was when we came in for a very early dinner at 330, but our waitress was great and our good came quickly. The fried mushrooms were very different than others I'd had, having a sweet note to them, but they were very good. I also loved the ginger teriyaki dressing that came on my salad! After peeking at the dessert menu, we did something out of the ordinary for us and actually ordered two sundaes - they just sounded too good to pass up! - and we were not disappointed.

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Fantastic! Nothing ends a meal better than two sundaes.