“Burger - outstanding/ a Fish Tacos - terrific”

Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were very surprised. Not for any particular reason, we just did not think about our meals being good or bad. The service was very good and the food was great. One of the best burgers, think it was Angus beef, on our trip so far. July 28th

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

So happy to read you liked your burgers. Thank you!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our server was very nice and we really appreciated her discretion in whispering to us at the end of the meal that our kids meals came with a shake but only if we wanted it. The burger selections were extensive and you could craft your own but seemed on the smaller side and just a bit pricey. Despite the emptiness of this place on a Monday there was no hostess to seat us and we stood for quite sometime before the bartender finally took pity on us after she served several bar sitters and sat us at a table.

Thanks for the feedback. This is helpful to know.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I went here while on vacation with my family in Steamboat. After looking at multiple restaurant menus, we decided to go to Big House Burgers. It seemed like a great place for some casual American food.
When we got there, no one was in thre parking lot. Bad sign, but we decided to go in anyways. We were seated and my dad ordered a mojito, me and my sister ordered Arnold Palmers. Service was decent and quick, but the drinks were terrible. The mojito was watered down and plain, and had no sweetness at all. My dad had to ask for another one because it was pretty bad. Both of the Arnold Palmers were bad, they had too much tea and also lacked in sweetness. I didn't know it was possible to mess one of those up, especially when this place has such great reviews!
Seeing as the drinks gave us a bad impression of the place, we decided to only order appetizers and see how we felt afterwards. Thank goodness we didn't order entrees.
We ordered the Jamaican style wings and the Nachos. The wings were ok, but very sweet and dry. They were not a big hit with us. The nachos, however, were just plain bad. I thought it would be interesting to try a different kind of nachos (not your usual beans and cheese, but pulled pork), but boy was I wrong. They were of different strange ingredients, like green olives and celery. There were also a TON of jalapenos, making them super spicy. Overall, they were dry and sweet tasting, and just plain unappetizing.
The service was satisfactory, our waitress helped with remaking my dad's mojito and she was friendly. Overall though, the experience was less than satisfying, and I regret that being our first meal in Steamboat. Maybe a good idea to go with just the highly-recommended burgers next time!

2  Thank lefoosh

I'm very sorry to hear this. Certainly not what we aim to be. I'll be passing along this feedback to our entire staff so we can work to improve what's coming out of the kitchen and bar. Thank you.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We were surprised by how busy it was when we came in for a very early dinner at 330, but our waitress was great and our good came quickly. The fried mushrooms were very different than others I'd had, having a sweet note to them, but they were very good. I also loved the ginger teriyaki dressing that came on my salad! After peeking at the dessert menu, we did something out of the ordinary for us and actually ordered two sundaes - they just sounded too good to pass up! - and we were not disappointed.

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Fantastic! Nothing ends a meal better than two sundaes.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stopped to get a burger on the way our of town. We still had several hours of driving, so we did not want to make a long stop for dinner. The service was excellent (to go meals in less than 10 minutes). We got some great suggestions and liked the food a lot. The 'Big Kid grilled cheese' had great flavor, and we enjoyed our sliders a lot too. Definitely worth the stop!

Feel free to stop in any time. We really appreciate the positive feedback.