“Leave room for dessert”

Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We were surprised by how busy it was when we came in for a very early dinner at 330, but our waitress was great and our good came quickly. The fried mushrooms were very different than others I'd had, having a sweet note to them, but they were very good. I also loved the ginger teriyaki dressing that came on my salad! After peeking at the dessert menu, we did something out of the ordinary for us and actually ordered two sundaes - they just sounded too good to pass up! - and we were not disappointed.

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Fantastic! Nothing ends a meal better than two sundaes.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stopped to get a burger on the way our of town. We still had several hours of driving, so we did not want to make a long stop for dinner. The service was excellent (to go meals in less than 10 minutes). We got some great suggestions and liked the food a lot. The 'Big Kid grilled cheese' had great flavor, and we enjoyed our sliders a lot too. Definitely worth the stop!

Feel free to stop in any time. We really appreciate the positive feedback.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I understand how busy workers can get but not listening to their customers needs is never acceptable. We visited your restaurant because we were told you had gluten free choices on the menu. It is always a challenge for us to find someplace that my daughter, who has celiac disease, can get a good meal. As nothing else appealed to her, she ordered the broccoli cheese soup without croutons. I made sure and let the waitress know my daughter's food had to be gluten free. I also ordered the soup without croutons. It was the best broccoli cheese soup I have ever had but both of them were brought with croutons in them. I spooned mine out but we had to get another bowl brought out for my daughter. Even a trace of gluten in her diet can cause her intestinal damage.

My son is a type I diabetic. I informed our waitress we needed a carbohydrate count on what he ordered. She said she would look into it. I had to remind her three times. Everyone else was eating while he sat waiting for her to check on this. The third time I stopped her, she told me they didn't have anything with that information on it. I asked her if she could look on the packaging for the chicken fingers and fries and see if it was on there. She told me that they were really busy in the kitchen and wouldn't even check on it for us. When is it okay to just ignore a customer's needs? If we don't have the correct count we don't know how much insulin my son should have. If he gets too much insulin, he could go into an insulin induced coma. I'm not trying to be melodramatic, just trying to make you realize the severity of his disease. I ended up going to another restaurant's menu and pulled the carb information off of it hoping it would be close.

There were a few other things wrong with the service such as the wrong drinks served but those were minor. For the health of my children, we will not be visiting this restaurant again.

2  Thank JEMSFAM
Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

You have given us a lot to consider. We appreciate the feedback and take it to heart.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch with the family. Server was very attentive and pleasant. We all ordered different items and everything came out hot and cooked to our liking. They offer shoestrings fries and those were seasoned perfectly and weren't greasy. Overall, this is a place we would come back to.

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Fantastic to hear. Looking forward to having you back the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Big House has an OK menu with OK pricing, in an OK setting. Everything about it could be better, but that doesnt mean anything about it is terrible either. It just is what it is, and since it's on the far (west) side of town, there just arent many other choices.

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Big House Burgers & Bottlecap Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thanks Kurt. We're always looking to improve and appreciate your input.