“Best steaks in town”

8th Street Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
8th Street Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Perth, Australia
“Best steaks in town”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The common negative reviews about this restaurant is that you have to cook your own steak. We were told by our Hotel Concierge that this would be the case, so there was no surprises for us there.
What our group of 3 families (kids 14 to 21) found was absolutely the best quality steaks, the warmest, friendliest hospitality, a vast crispy-fresh salad bar and the busy vibe of a whole heap of us around the grill, laughing and joking.
This place was an absolute highlight of our week in Steamboat. In fact, on our last night we put it to the team where would they like to go for our last meal, and it was a resounding "8th Street", so back we went (I would generally not go back a second time and try out somewhere else, but this was definitely an exception).
We had two brilliant experiences here and would definitely recommend for groups or families. Now if we can only get our kids to love cooking like this at home.......!

Winter Park, Florida
“Interesting concept”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Interesting concept cooking your own steak. But you cannot "rest" the steak. Salad bar was average. Ok to go once for the fun, but I would not return for the steak.

Visited January 2014
Monument, Colorado
“Great time, great atmosphere and value”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I think people need to understand this is a steakhouse where you cook your own food. I found 8th street to have a great happy hour, and the best chuck burger that I've ever had. They use various cuts of steak to make it. Cool environment, and a cool concept about grilling your own meat. I enjoyed getting to know people around the grill. The service was great, very friendly....I would go again, especially for happy hour if I am back in Steamboat.

San Salvador, El Salvador
“Not Good”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This is more a kitchen than a restaurant. When I go out for dinner I expect to be cooked for and served. In this so called "restaurant" the customer cooks his/her own food with no supervision from a chef. So you pay high prices to cook yourself! People end up eating at different times and the sides get cold. Someone in my party even had to go back to the grill because she undercooked her meat. This wouldn't have happened at a real restaurant. I would definitely not recommend this place.

Gobles, Michigan
“not great”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Worst dining experience I can remember. If I could cook my own steak, I would stay home and not pay these kind of prices. The appetizers came out and were cold by the time we finished cooking our steaks. The sides came at dessert time. I don't know how they are rated so high here, I have checked other sites and found there ratings very low. I should do a little research before blowing a couple hundred bucks! shame on me.