“It's okay. The kids seem to like it”

8th Street Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
8th Street Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a grill your own steak house. It was decent. Nothing spectacular. The sides are typical for a steak house and good. Typical salad bar. Nice western atmosphere. Service was very good. They also have some seafood. Salmon was good. The highlight was the s'mores dessert that you roast at your table. Kids loved it.

1  Thank Scissorkickers

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The atmosphere was fun; the service was great. You get to choose your own cuts of meat and then have the option of grilling it yourself. If you choose, they will grill it for you! Amazing food!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stopped in Steamboat Springs on the way to Nashville and was looking for a great meal. The steakhouse looked great from the outside and inside but after we ordered our drinks the waitress explained how things worked and at first it sounded fun so we played their game. The first thing was a trip thru the sad salad bar and then we went up to pick out our raw piece of meat. After grilling my own $35.00 steak and my daughters $25.00 steak we sat down to cold fries and 2 other missing side dishes. When they finally came we were almost done eating. I was watching others make multiple trips back and forth to the grill trying to get their steak cooked enough to at least eat it. I am a griller so it was no big deal for me to cook my steak but if I am going to spend $85.00 for 2 drinks and 2 steaks I want someone else cooking them. We were their over an hour and 4 people walked out saying they would never come back............ I won't either........

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Advertised steaks starting at 15.95. This is the meat and salad bar, no sides. Excellent staff and service. Grill your own meat and Texas TOAST. Salad bar included and plain but good. Probably most memorable family dinner...priceless. Gave a 4 only because expensive meats for Cooking it yourself.

1  Thank Lesmn
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The deal at 8th Street Steak House was $5 Mussels (we didn't do this) and $3 martinis (they have 20 to choose from). We're guessing that the martinis were less than standard size but were still very good. Appetizers started at around $8. We started off with an excellent spinach dip and followed that with mushrooms in a white cheese sauce, also very good. This place is known for their steaks, although we weren't here for that. The restaurant was busy. The bartender was working hard mixing drinks, taking, and delivering orders. She did a fine job.