“Trip to Creede, CO with family.”

Allington Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in South Fork
Lakewood, Colorado
“Trip to Creede, CO with family.”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My brothers, their wives, my mother, my husband and I stayed at the Allington Inn in South Fork, Colorado after spending the day in Creede, Colorado.

It is a lovely inn and Jill is so friendly and welcoming. We also got to meet Jack the yellow lab who just wanted to play.

The breakfast was quite good and I would definitely recommend the Allington to anyone stopping over in South Fork. It was clean and the staff was extremely welcoming.

This was a trip that I will treasure because we made many family memories, some of them at the Allington.

Illa Schipporeit

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The Allington Inn is in my opinion superior to the other lodging available in the San Luis Valley area. Having stayed at many of the hotels through the years in my visits from Houston, I found the Allington Inn to have nice rooms; great breakfasts; and very nice accomondating people. It also has internet service, a jacuzzi and a pool.

I especially appreciated Gil helping me get my boarding pass and baggage receipt done online.

For visitors outside the San Luis Valley area: This hotel is as good as you'll get for the area and at not a bad price. The scenery in South Fork and the surrounding area is phenominal

Have a great time!!!

Karla Aden

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Where to begin...The manager, Jill, was a tyrant, she did not allow us to check in two hours early (not because the room wasn't ready but because it's not standard policy), they messed up our reservation and insisted that we be charged for three rooms instead of the two we reserved then after 1.5 hours, yes 1.5 hours of arguing with them they decided that since it was not our mistake we should only have to pay for two rooms, then they decided we needed three rooms because Jill felt it was not code for our three little boys to sleep in the same bed, this was decided after Jill interrogated us, then there was no hot water in the morning. I've never seen anyone in a customer service position be so rude and unprofessional, actually I've never seen anyone, anywhere behave so badly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank boulderchick

Travelers are raving about these South Fork hotels

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Had a large group of 40 rooms. The hotel admitted they accidently cancelled one of our room reservations, and rudely explained they didn't need our business, that Young Life has been a terrible customer for the past 5 years as they require a lot of work, and that we could take our business elsewhere. The manager on duty, Jill, was rude and attacked us as a customer. Then she wanted to talk to every one of my YoungLife students and after her snapping at me I made sure I was there to hear her talk to my students! She was practically on a rampage! In some of the rooms, the kids saw ants in the bathroom - ew! Will never bring business to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank YoungLife33584
pueblo
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband & I plus friends just spent a wonderful 3 day weekend ATVing in the South Fork/Creede area. Besides the breath taking scenery this area has to offer, it was
wonderful to come back "HOME" to the Allington Inn & relax & hit the hot tubs each night! Our group had 2 large trailers & parking was right out the front door! No problems getting in or out!
Jill & her staff are so warm & helpful & they know great spots for riding and hiking!
We have met some wonderful people at The Allington & it is like being greeted by family when we return each time!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
SCOTTSDALE, AZ
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I just got back from my annual Spring Break Ski Trip at Wolf Creek Ski Area in Colorado. I usually stay in Pagosa Springs but this year we opted to stay in South Fork, Colorado. Upon first glance, the Allington Inn was a good choice. Boy were we wrong.

I booked The Allington Inn through Travelocity.com. When I arrived on March 18th I checked in and was told I had to put my credit card as a security hold for the hotel. Later that day my sister and her two teens arrived. We used the hottub and pool area and were immediately surprised with the very strong chlorine smell and trash around the indoor pool (including beer cans and food wrappers). Also the "towels" for the pool area were all wet and gross on the floor.

When we finally called it a night we found the beds to be covered in stained white sheets and to be full of sharp springs. It made sleep an uneasy task.

Our second night we woke to somebody opening (trying to open because we used the security lock) our hotel room. We reported the event to the front desk and received an apology. The next day we hit the mountain and had a great day of skiing. When we arrived we found that our room was not cleaned. My sister went to complain and received the biggest attitude from the manager. She told us that we only had reservations for one night and that our room was exactly how we left it.

When I made reservations I specifically requested 3 nights. I even signed for 3 nights when I checked in.

We actually had to argue with the manager and finally produce our original Travelocity paperwork to get our room cleaned.

When we left I asked for some sort of discount. I received a puzzled answer, "why?" I could not believe the service that was provided at Allington Inn South Fork. It was utterly disturbing. Our rooms were dirty. Our complaints were not listened to. We were treated like bums on the street.

I now know why people stay at the big hotel chains. They are sick of horrible service and want to be treated like paying customers.... because they are.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank juanblzer
Alabama
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Nice, clean basic hotel. Enjoyed hot tub, really enjoyed breakfast buffet and hot drink availability all day long. What made this stay special was the friendly, outgoing staff always alert to special needs. Manager on hearing of our mid-day expected arrival, arranged an evening snowshoe, stargazing, dinner outing at a local country club. The next evening after a hard day of powder skiing at nearby Wolf Creek we found fresh chili and cornbread offered free to guests at the breakfast bar.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple