Recently spent two nights at the Allington in South Fork. The hotel is conveniently located on the main highway and close to the (few) restaurants and stores in South Fork. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.
Pros: (a) Price was exceptional at the $57/night rate, (b) our room was clean and as advertised, (c) the pool and hot tub were warm.
Cons: (a) Based on another earlier review, the wireless internet has been 'waiting on an antenna' for several weeks; fortunately our room could pick up the lobby reception, (b) it's the first hotel I've ever stayed at offering a breakfast buffet that didn't offer orange juice, (c) the pool and hot tub are in need of some maintenance and repair, and (d) there was plenty of noise from doors & plumbing throughout the night.
Conclusion: In a location without many choices, it's an excellent value if you can live with the drawbacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Closest Hotel to Wolf Creek Ski Area! Offering Deluxe King & Queen Rooms, Double Queen Suite, Jacuzzi Suites & Extended Stay Suite, along with the most amenities including the Only Indoor Pool in Town, Hot Tub, Complimentary Deluxe Breakfast, Complimentary WIFI, 24-Hour Guest Services, Cable Television with Premium Cable Channels, Gourmet In-Room Coffee, Iron & Full-Size Ironing Board, Hairdryer, Guest Laundry, Complimentary Newspaper, Business Center, Group & Meeting Facilities, and Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Allington Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Allington Hotel South Fork
- Allington Inn & Suites Colorado/South Fork