“Good Value”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in South Fork
Colorado Springs USA
“Good Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

If you are looking for a 4 or 5 star resort, keep looking! However if you want a clean, comfortable, low cost place to sleep in South Fork while you ski, this is the place for you. The breakfast buffet was basic, they had the usual waffle maker, bagels, cereals etc... they could use more fruits and juices though. The hotel is pet friendly for a small fee, and they have pet designated rooms so you can get a non pet room if you have allergies etc... The pool and hot tub were quite welcome after a day of skiing.

Downsides were a) wifi did not work outside the lobby and b) you can hear some hallway noise

Hint if you make your reservation on line directly from the hotel, you can get a $57/night rate! This is outstanding especially during the height of ski season, to get this rate you need to request "COLORADO'S BEST KEPT SECRET" rate in the comment section while reserving the room, your confirmation will reflect this rate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cc2709

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

Even though we are staying there on business, my colleagues and I feel like family. We have been staying at this hotel since Nov. of last year and plan on staying here until the end of the job this Spring. The staff has bent over backwards to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I recommend this hotel for business or play. I see many annual return skiers that leave happy also, that says alot for the hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

We stayed at the Allington Inn the first night of a weekend skiing Wolf Creek. Front desk was friendly and hotel was easy to find. Rooms were old, dirty and all around gross. I had read mixed reviews before staying there, but thought it couldn't be that bad.....until I pulled back the sheets to find dark short hairs all over the supposed clean sheets. Next time I travel to small town USA I'm bringing a sleeping bag.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these South Fork hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

Good Breakfast, Large Rooms,Friendly service
All in all- a great value
My Family loved the hot tub after a day of skiing

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

The only thing I liked about this place was the dog, Jack, I met when checking in. It all went downhill from there. The woman who checked us in, Becky, was more concerned with getting a photo ID than with welcoming us to the establishment. We were laughed at when we asked where the elevator was ("Everybody knows hotels in Colorado don't have elevators") and told repeatedly, by Jill the manager, when asking why the Internet connection and the heater in our room didn't work that this was South Fork and the Allington was the best we could hope for.

The room was filthy with worn, smelly bed spreads and blankets, a carpet so dirty we didn't put our bags on it, and the previous guests hair and used wash cloth left in the bath tub. There was also a dark stain on the wall paper next to the toilet. That's room 111, folks.

When I went to the front desk to tell Becky we would not be staying past our first night (we had reserved three), she informed me we would be charged for the next night because we didn't give 24 hours notice to cancel. Twenty minutes later when I went back to complain about the teenagers running wild in the hall way, she didn't remember who I was. Facing another night in the Dorm, we cleaned our bathroom so we felt comfortable using it, and put the do not disturb sign on the door.

After returning from skiing the next day, we found our do not disturb sign had been removed from the door and the portable heater we'd been given the night before (to compensate for the lack of heat from the window unit) had been removed. When we complained to Jill about it, she responded that it was "industry standard" to investigate complaints. Funny, nothing else in the place was up to "industry standard."

That was the last straw for us. We told Jill we were leaving and we were only paying for one night. She agreed and we left. We went to a place with a friendly staff, working heaters, and elevators. Yes, elevators do exist in Colorado, no matter Jill says.

Stay elsewhere, really.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wineknow
KANSAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

I have stayed at the Allington Inn at South Fork, Colorado several times and have never wrote a review before for any where. As I have gotten to know the staff and General Manager Jill Clement ,I knew it was time to express my sincere appreciation for the care I recieve at the Allington. As you enter the lobby Jill and the staff make you feel welcome. I am a big believer that things go wrong but the difference is how pleasantly they are fixed. I have overheard other guests at the front desk and was surprised how many know Jill and the staff by name and comment they come back (as I do) because of them. I always call the Allington asking if they have space for me and Jill always puts me somewhere even if the pass is closed to Pagosa Springs and all the skiers stay on the South Fork side so they can still get to Wolf Creek Ski area. I totally recommend everyone stays at the Allington to ski Wolf Creek or just enjoy the area 12 months a year.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Crested Butte, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

Stayed for only one night and it was a pleasant stay. Rooms were clean and the staff prompt and friendly. The golf package special was a very good value. The breakfast was limited but good and the Swiss restaurant nearby was excellent.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family