“Very nice, friendly and attentive staff”

Allington Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in South Fork
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Enjoyed very much the size of the rooms, they were clean and comfortable. The staff were very accomodating and the breakfast buffet(s) were always well stocked- it was so nice to wake to the aroma of waffles cooking!! If I had a criticism of any sort it would be that I wish the coffee was a little stronger- I should have asked because I think they'd have been happy to oblige!

We'll stay again the next time we are in the South Fork area.

Very Nice Indeed

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Allington Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 6, 2009

We stayed here January 12 & 13 so we could be on the South Fork side of the ski resort after getting snowed out of the pass staying on the Pagosa side over Christmas. As I booked the reservation, the staff was so helpful and kind. All my questions were patiently answered. Enjoyed the breakfast; it is always a great stay for me when they have waffles. They have coffee or cocoa avaible all the time - great after a day on the slopes. The new manager seems committed to making the sure high standards are met. She was warm and welcoming, as was her golden lab who looked just like "Marley." Will definitely try to stay there on our next ski trip to Wolf Creek. Forgot to mention my son and I enjoyed 2 of the most perfect ski days of our 20 years of skiing! Make sure you have the green chili soup with cheese, sour cream, and bacon served in a warm tortilla at the ski slope lodge. Yum - worth every penny!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Excellent room with jacuzie, 17 miles to Wolf Creek Ski area. Great staff.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2009

Check the sheets before you get into bed,mine had little black hairs on them.Had to stay due to pass being closed.If that ever happens again I will sleep in my car.Shower was the same.Last persons old soap still in bathroom.Just dirty

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2008

The Allington really exceeded our expectations. The room was larger than expected and very clean and comfortable. The desk attendants were always very friendly and helpful, and the continental breakfast was great! We loved the relaxing atmosphere...it was a great place to stay while skiing Wolf Creek!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2008

This is a decent hotel in a great location. There aren't many choices in motels in South Fork. This is a typical two-story, indoor-access hotel. The staff was friendly. The room was fine. It was quiet. It was fairly clean.

It could use a little updating. The carpet was fairly worn, especially in the halls, but that isn't too big of a deal to me. The only major issue was that the matresses and box-springs were well past their intened life span and need replacing. The bathroom and vanity were good. The linens were okay.

There was an issue one night, with an alarm going off downstairs several times. Apparently, it was a common occurrence.

With new matresses, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2008

This hotel has many problems: from being understaffed, to very dirty. The main lobby looked as if it hasn't been vacuumed for a month! The sink in the room was leaking and dripping all night long. There were not enough towels in the room for our party of 5 but I was given more when I asked. There was no soap and shampoo in the room so I had to visit front desk again. The pool was OK but the spa was full with hundreds of dead little bugs.
The sofa sleeper in the suite was lumpy.
We travel a lot, we stayed in hundreds of hotels, we are not expecting the impossible, but this was the dirtiest place we ever stayed inn! It seemed also pretty expensive. Not a good value for the money. I don't know what the other accommodations are like in South Fork but I don't recommend this hotel.
I never write a report, so if I took the time to do it I am really unhappy with my experience.

Elena