“Picture perfect”

Description: This is a restaurant in the Country Club
Arlington, Texas, United States
“Picture perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I just recently played this course 7/17/12 and have to say what a beautiful course! The scenery and houses and layout of the course are simply amazing.i can't speak much on the food because my party and I did not eat. I do wish they had a cart girl but never did run across one throughout the course.we played this course for $59 and believe its usually $99 but we had a PGA hookup. I return to Colorado every year and would love to play this course again, whether or not I'd be willing to pay the full rate I'm unsure, but at this rate the course was perfect and I have no room to gripe.

1 Thank Julio R

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Great steak with fabulous view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

A great golf course club house with very good food. Outstanding drinks, good wine list. Poblano pepper Corn chowder a must.Pepper crusted filet cooked perfectly. Colorado breaded trout cook light and tender. Great service despite a large group having a buffet. Penne alfredo with shrimp was great and with just a little Alfredo sauce. Sopapilla cheese cake a chefs innovation was outstanding. Blue cheese dressing was needing some blue cheese chunks. Great service and friendly people.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Joel H
Colorado Springs
“One-star restaurant at a five-star golf resort”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

The restaurant should be renamed the “Rio ‘Bland’ Dining Room.” Our strawberry daiquiris were pale-pink glasses of slush with little strawberry flavor and even less rum topped with what appeared to be melted whip cream and two slices of old strawberry. My southwest chili soup was an unsalted, over-spiced broth with few beans. It came with a dry, roasted tortilla folded into fourths and stuffed under the soup bowl. Even if the soup had been good, it was overpriced for the portion size. My iceberg wedge salad wasn’t bad (FYI: remove the brown lettuce from the bottom before serving), but the Roquefort dressing was the consistency of light cream and had small chunks of cheese floating in the bottom of the container. My husband liked his pork chop and his green beans were a lovely green color – not overcooked. He liked all five of them very much. We declined to have dessert. Go figure. We’ll go back because the facility is gorgeous, the golf course amazing, and the mountain views spectacular. But we we’ll have a beer on the deck and go eat somewhere else.

• Visited May 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Mothers Day Brunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Apparently a shortage of staff ruined this occasion. They couldn't keep the buffet stocked and they messed up the omelet orders. We won't return.

Visited May 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Blazer Ski Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

The Rio Grande did a buffet for our annual ski club. Members commented they served the best salmon they've ever had!

Visited December 2011