“We had high hopes having a good coffee shop here in South Fork...”

Feelin Good Coffee House - Cafe
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in South Fork
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Only to be disappointed by our one and only visit to Feelin' Good. It's a great log cabin-style restaurant, which is typical for here in South Fork. We are avid coffee drinkers and are always up for getting a good cup of hot coffee or blended coffee drink. Unfortunately, getting a blended coffee drink anywhere in the Valley west of Monte Vista is apparently impossible. I mean, they can make an iced coffee drink, but blending it is either not worth their time or beneath them. I'd have to go with the latter based on the arrogance and lack of warmth displayed by everyone of the staff we encountered while waiting forever for our drinks.

When we finally got our iced coffee drinks, I commented about how delicious the food looked that came out of the kitchen. Not even a smile from the lady waiting on us, who happened to be the owner. If we hadn't already paid for our coffee, I probably would have just walked out the door.

As for the drinks themselves? They don't have anything comparable to the size of a Starbucks (yes, I said the "S" word...so sue me!) Venti, but their largest drink is more than the largest at the place I mentioned above. You know...the one with the green mermaid on the cup? You may tell me to quit my bellyachin' and just go to the other guys. I do...ever chance I get! I can get good food at other restaurants with MUCH friendlier staff, or make it even better at home. The problem is that the closest Starbucks is about an hour east of here and we don't make it that way very often. So, I broke down and bought my own espresso pot and am currently undergoing the tweaking of my own version of a mocha frappuccino. I figure it will pay off eventually. We can still get our blended drinks, save tons of money, and not have to endure being looked down upon by the people we're paying to serve us our food.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went for Mexican food on Friday night. Food was hohum after we finally got it. They waited on locals first that come in after us! We haven't been back.

1  Thank Jrntucson
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went to this restaurant for breakfast based on the good reviews on tripadvisor but we will not be going back the next time we visit South Fork. We waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for a very mediocre breakfast and although it was a holiday week, there weren't that many people in there to account for the looong wait time. We contemplated leaving and probably should have! There was no explanation or apology from the server and there were other people waiting who were also wondering why it was taking so long get their food. There was a total of about 8 tables maybe waiting for food and that was it. A place to be avoided in my opinion!

1  Thank tiki50
Reviewed July 13, 2012

O.K. I must say that after walking in and all the local folks turning to see who it was, we at first felt a little out of place. Soon though, they went about their business (very nice people in this part of the country) and we had a marvelous breakfast. The owner waited on us and was very sweet. She suggested the Huevos Rancheros and they were totally awesome. We even took a few huge cinnamon rolls to go to help our our picnic offerings. They even had Grits!

Bottom line, if you dont mind getting the once over from the good people of SW Colorado then come on in and get ya some yummy breakfast!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our group of 31 decended on this place with short noticed. We were served well and enjoyed the food.