“When it is one of the only places within 15 miles guess choices are limited.”
Review of Shaft Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Shaft Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Over priced, staff was friendly but not very attentive. Atmosphere was ok. We drove 16 miles for lunch the next day. I had the brisket explosion and it was over cooked, not great flavor.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

There are very few choices when it comes to eating in Southfork. That said, the Shaft did not disappoint. We ate in the bar where the atmosphere is better. Drinks are well made and the barbecue is delicious! Will eat here again next summer.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Husband and I stop by here on our way either to or from vacations. We've tried the chef salad, brisket, pulled pork and more. This last time we shared a big pulled pork sandwich and fries. The restaurant is decorated nicely. Wait staff has always been pleasant. We'll stop here again!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The WORST $45 I ever spent!!! I sent my iced tea back along with several people from other tables. My conclusion... it was made with instant coffee. We were told we could have another glass from the same "jug" but they would not make new tea until that was gone. Ok, I will have water (I still had to pay for the tea) in a glass with lip prints on it and other grossness. Didn't drink the water! We were told by the motel that the pizza was ok, so we tried it (not good). First we very bravely ordered a large what ever. Come to find out we could not get a large exept for carry out and since we had a table, no large for us. So, we ordered a medium. Thank Whoever You Believe In, it was not a large. We almost got a half of a piece each down, but not quite. I will not go back.... very very bad. We got the shaft! Ouch! Don't let it happen to you! The desk person at the motel said the gas station was the best place in town to eat. Maybe I will try that tomorrow or maybe I will just wait and eat next week.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We were a party of nine, and everyone was happy with their food and service. The waitress was exceptionally friendly and helpful considering she had nine of us to take care of!