“great times!”

Big Hoss Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed March 27, 2009

great barbecue sandwiches, filling breakfasts! the bar is small and quaint but the staff is very personable and friendly. and they have trivia! sweet place to hang out, laugh and just be with good people. in warm weather the outdoor deck is awesome! i don't know what these other guys are talking about...

Reviewed March 23, 2009

I went in to grab a quick bite as I'm staying at the hotel next door and was feeling lazy. I had very low expectations, as ski hill food tends to be overpriced and under good. Amazingly, my expectations were way too high. Simply the worst meal I have had in years. Nice waitstaff, and the pubby feel was no problem. But the Hoss that I ate (the claim was pork ribs and brisket, but hoss seems more likely) was the oldest, toughest, driest hoss in the herd.

Wow was it bad. Stick to beer here

Reviewed January 11, 2009

This was by far the ABSOLUTE WORST restaurant I have eaten at in my ENTIRE LIFE. Not only did they short change us, but they served KRAFT Macaroni and Cheese, and UNCOOKED chicken. Unfortunately, I did not stay around for desert, however I wouldn't expect anything more than a pair of Twinkies on a dirty plate. The most rewarding part of the whole meal (by far) was when I walked out the front door.

Reviewed August 27, 2008

I've been to this establishment beginning of august this year (2008) and the service was terrible, the server was rude and the manager wasn't around when I asked for one. I understand it is not a fine dining restaurant but when u r not even noticed by anyone for over 20 minutes something must be wrong. I'm never going back there again and I'll make sure to tell that to everyone I know!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2008

Being an Aspen native, there is a certain expectation amongst the restaurant goers of our fair city. Pitkin County has some very high end restaurants that command national attention and others that are just sustenence. I stumbled upon the Big Hoss Grill on a recent trip to the Village to meet some friends who had flown in from out of town. The restaurant was warm and casual, this is to say, unusual for Pitkin County. It wasn't just sustenence though, the food would hold it's own in the back country of Texas or the hustling streets of Memphis. I had a full order of ribs that were as tender as they could be without being over cooked, they were soaked in a rich and tangy sauce that was the best I've ever had! The beans had a rich smokey flavor that was complimented by a bit of spice, just right, and the slaw was crisp and fresh. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered the brisket plate to go so I could try that later, equally amazing! The appearance of the restaurant is very comfortable, it doesn't require a dress or suit and tie, it's a come as you are, stay as long as you want restaurant, very rare for the area. I came to find out that it is a very popular spot for the Snowmass yokels and rightfully so. The price is ridiculous for the Village and the food is equally ridiculous, it's the best value in a 100 mile radius and arguably the best value in the state for the quality. If you're within 50 miles of snowmass, it's worth the trip, the happy hour is unbeatable too! I make the trip twice a week now and will as long as they are there.

1  Thank juice78