My husband and I recently spent six nights at the Westin Snowmass Resort. Overall, it was a great experience.
- Concierge - Molly took care of arranging the shuttle, massages and dinner reservations for us before we arrived. Great concierge service from her at the other two women at the concierge desk during our stay.
- Shuttle - the shuttle driver, Derek, was waiting in baggage claim for us when we arrived. The bags took a long time to come off the plane, but he patiently waited and then loaded everything for us and got us to the hotel. Derek was friendly and helpful.
- Check in - smooth with no problems. We knew that our lift tickets and lesson tickets should be waiting for us and the desk clerk checked and handed us our packet. I highly recommend taking care of lift tickets and lessons before you arrive to save you time.
- Ski valet - I cannot say enough about all the guys in the ski valet. They hustled their butts during the peak times but were always friendly and helpful. We never waited for our skis, they were quick to come take our boots from us - GREAT. Seriously one of the best things about this hotel. There were plenty of guest who were outright rude to them and they never missed a beat - maintained a smile and courteous manner throughout.
- Location - you walk out of the ski valet and you are practically right on the mountain. A quick ski down to the Village Express lift and you are ready to go! There is a free shuttle that runs from the Snowmass Mall to Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands and Aspen. We only skied at Snowmass, but we did use the shuttle to get to Highlands for our boot fitting and to Aspen for dinner one night.
- Food - Snowmass Kitchen is a delicious choice for dinner. Really good food and great service. We at there two nights during our stay. The first night, our food was taking a little longer than expected and our server came by to let us know there had been a 'situation' in the kitchen. We asked for the manager who quickly came over to assure us that there was no situation, there was simply a longer wait due to a large party before us. The second night we went, the same manager came by to say hello. He was very solicitous and professional. Excellent food and service. The Elk meatballs are delicious, as is the butternut squash ravioli with caramelized Granny Smith apples. We had breakfast there one morning and it was very good. The buffet is plentiful - there are a lot of choices, including made to order crepes and omelets, fresh fruit, bagels and lox, oatmeal and all the other usual breakfast staples. We also ate at the VUE lounge - good food and service considering they are covering the lounge and the lobby area. Double Black Noodle Bowl was good but not great. Appetizers were the best thing there. Of course, Starbucks is reliable and where we ate a quick breakfast most mornings.
Room - as others have noted, the elevators can be slow, which makes it annoying when you are in the Alpine wing and have to take two elevators to get to your room. I recommend staying in the Pinnacle wing if you like to be able to quickly run to your room. Steer clear of room 680. It is next to an out-of-the way elevator and as a result, is smaller than the other rooms. I tried not to be annoyed with that, since we were paying $500 per night, but it's not like we spent that much time in our room that we needed a lot of space. You can choose not to have your room serviced by housekeeping everyday (green choice), but we did not and we had no issues - our room was cleaned each day by the time we got back in the late afternoon. Also, others mentioned noise, but we had no issues. While in our room, we heard nothing from the room next door. I found out towards the end of our trip that there was a family with kids there - never heard them. The only issue with noise we had was at 4am one morning there was a snowplow clearing snow right below our window from the snowfall the night before. The scraping of the plow and the beep-beep when it backed up was NOT pleasant.
Spa - we had scheduled massages for later in the week but ended up canceling them. At $200 each for just about an hour, we decided we could wait until we got home at pay half that!
They have live music in the lobby/VUE lounge. The lounge area has a great fireplace and lots of comfy chars and couches upon which to relax and sip a glass of wine and relive your day on the slopes.
We will definitely be back to the Westin Snowmass next year - but I will be smarter about where our room is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers guests ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain, which has more trails than any other mountain in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Snowmass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silvertree Hotel And Conference Center
- The Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village