I've stayed in Westin hotels across the US and I'd say this one doesn't meet the standards I'd expect. They say they took the previous hotel (Silvertree) down to the studs for the massive renovation last year, but I think they skimped on some aspects.
First, the walls are warped in several areas, which I don't think should happen after only a few months of being renovated. Second, I constantly heard water running through the walls in my room, every second I was in there. It seemed to be coming from a pipe that ran along the outside wall.
By far, the absolute worst thing about this hotel is when you stay on floors 6-8. There are 2 separate elevator banks at the hotel, one off the lobby, and another all the way on the far side of the hotel. In order to reach floors 6-8, you have to take the lobby elevator up to floors 3, 4, or 5 and then walk all the way to the other side of the hotel to catch another elevator up to floors 6-8. Extremely annoying, and makes no sense why they would keep it this way (from the old Silvertree days). If you're going to renovate a hotel, you should do it right, and this was a huge oversight on the part of Westin. I think they should have just torn the whole thing down and started fresh.
Everything just feels like it got a fresh coat of paint, and is already showing signs of major wear and tear after only a few months. I'm not impressed by the renovations, because I think they could have done so much better. There are other hotels (like the Viceroy down the street) that are far better. The only real reason to ever stay here again is for the location, but there are many other options in Snowmass for slopeside lodging and I don't plan to return to this particular Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers guests ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain, which has more trails than any other mountain in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Snowmass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- The Silvertree Hotel And Conference Center
- Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village