Location in Snowmass could not be better - slopeside to some very good skiing. The staff was professional, friendly, responsive, well trained, etc. Hotel overall is clean and newly renovated with decent beds in newly renovated, clean rooms. Snowmass Kitchen offered good service with decent food and decor. Proximity to Aspen town, nearby ski resorts and airport, free transfers etc... all a plus. We found that the proximity to the mountain, lifts (really short lift lines during a very busy week), shopping and restaurants, were a pleasure.
Make no mistake, this is not a luxury hotel. One is not paying luxury hotel rates however so yes, you have to carry your own skis 60 feet to the snow and put on your own boots (not unexpected). Ski Valet team was quick to deliver equipment. The building itself is a yard sale from virtually any standpoint. Starwood perhaps did what they could within reason renovating this awkward, dated, building with very thin walls, particularly in the bathrooms; small rooms apparently with no larger rooms available apart from suites; totally inadequate gym, spa (we did not utilize but it was obviously tiny) and pool/hot tub facilities for a property of this size (during President's week, the hot tubs could not have fit an anchovy from 4-7pm on any evening), breakfast service is chaotic with not enough seating at morning rush; the building layout could not be worse with elevators serving only a few floors, then depending on where one's room is situated, needing to walk 2+ minutes to catch a connecting elevator; stairways (that one invariably will utilize after waiting for eternally for elevators) ending in staff-only areas of the hotel; tons of noise in the hallways with guests trecking endlessly about, etc. Note that the further one is from the elevators and lobby, the longer the treks, but the quieter the nights.
All in all, my family had a great stay; the property's shortcomings were offset by a good staff and great location; the hotel is a decent value for the price & definitely worth the visit if you love to ski, although, from our very informed experience, overall, the building and facilities are below expectations for a Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers guests ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain, which has more trails than any other mountain in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Snowmass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- The Silvertree Hotel And Conference Center
- Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village