“Late night help” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Littleton, Colorado
“Late night help”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Due to some transportation problems, I arrived very late. Monique, the girl at the front desk, was so sweet and friendly. I was tired and probably a bit grumpy but she had me laughing at the craziness of my day. She was efficient, very helpful and definitely got my stay off to a great start. I also appreciated her knowledge of the Aspen area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Bonita, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We are currently staying at the Westin in Snowmass/Aspen, Colorado for one week for a Rheumatology meeting and for fun as well. This hotel's customer service has exceeded my expectations. My stay started with Kevn picking me up from the airport in the SUV. He was very helpful with my bags and was friendly and as we were driving towards the hotel, he would point out different facts about the area and engaged in friendly conversation. He was efficient and punctual. We were greeted with offers to take our bags to our rooms. We didn't need any assistance but appreciated the offer. The rooms meets the expectations of Westin with the clean lines and the heavenly bed and shower and towels. However, what really made my stay was the customer service of Jon Alers in Security. I had been at the Spa earlier in the evening and left my Iphone in the robe pocket. I didn't realize it until later and so when we called the desk, he said he would look into it and call us back. I was sure that no one would really look into it and it would be gone. But--within 10 minutes, he knocked on our door and there he was with my Iphone. He took the time to find it! I was impressed with that level of customer service! I felt bad that all I had in cash for a tip was 4 bucks, but I certainly hope that he knows how much I appreciated how Westin has instilled in their employees the concept of going above and beyond. I will definitely return here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NSW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I will definately stay here again.
Was here for a conference in January for 7 nights. The rooms were 'cosy' (we had 2 couples to our room) but that did not bother me at all. It was clean and modern (important) and we got the room with a bath (didn't use).
As all comments, this is the place to be if you are skiing/boarding lots. The ski valet was so efficient. Staff were trying their best.

I thought the outdoor spas were a good temperature, and would hop into the pool to 'cool down' if in the spa too long.

The room 'keys' need to touch not just hover over the door thingy to open. My partner was happy to finally realise why it took his key so long to register :)

Improvements: checkin- communication needed. Our room was set up for 2? Or 3 instead of 4 and they never really did get it right. We called front desk for the extra robes and cups etc the first day, and the next day, everything was back to 2/3 again. We should have told front staff but couldn't be bothered. Also the cleaners do not speak english. I think we were meant to give front desk a preferred time for house cleaning. They always seemed to want to do it at 8am when we were still in room/getting ready.

If you have mobility issues or want convenience ask for rooms closer to the lobby. Due to the geography, there are rooms that take 2 different lifts to reach. I think you can go outside and around instead?

Had breakfast here once only as we were on a budget. I think the prices were ok though. Meals were just too big for me.

This place has great potential once they get over the hiccups of opening with new staff.

• Stayed January 2013
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I loved the westin snowmass and will definitely be staying here again when I return.
Yes, its an expensive place to stay -- its Aspen. And its a great place to use Starwood points.

From the moment i arrived at the Westin I was impressed by the employees. Friendly staff opening the doors and smiling genuinely; I could feel they were happy to be there. This was especially nice after a mechanical failure on a United flight caused the flight to return back to the airport, delayed, and missed my connection in Chicago (the last flight to aspen), then after arriving in Aspen finding out that my bag was sent on a different flight and would arrive later that day.

Pro's: the staff are great, the suites are fantastic, loved the decor, wide plank hardwood floors, beds super comfortable, platinum continental breakfast is good, bell staff are attentive and helpful (you have a lot of stuff when you go skiing so lots of bags going back and forth). The location is perfect -- just take the elevator downstairs to the Ski valet, step outside and you are on the mountain.

Cons: not much, the elevators are really slow (i often took the stairs) and housekeeping seems a bit inconsistent but not a showstopper. There were slippers in some rooms but not others (they would be useful to walk to the hot tub). The towels near the hot tub ran out and took a while to replace.

Room: loved it! Check out the photos.

Breakfast: the platinum continental breakfast was a bit confusing the first day. I ordered the items with the server and thought they would bring it over (special k cereal and yogurt). No food came for 10 minutes so I asked and was told I can get it myself from the counter. But the counter had no Special K or yogurt so why did the server ask what I wanted? One you get up to the continental breakfast counter you find a good continental breakfast: cereals, milk, fresh fruit, mini muffins/pastries, lox with all the accouterments (tomatoes, spreads, capers, onions, etc), plain bagels (which are just ok, kinda of reminds me of Lenders frozen bagels), and cheeses/cold cuts. There were two other options: 1) pay $12 to upgrade to the full breakfast for omelets/crepes, French toast etc, or 2) order A la carte worth $12 with the breakfast voucher. The omelet station chef Evan is great! Keep in mind the restaurant is not huge and expect to wait a bit (5-10 minutes) for a table during busy times.

Lobby: this is a very attractive place with a looong fireplace. A beautiful view of the mountains, the fireplace, and lots of couches make the lobby very welcoming.

S'mores - after finishing skiing right about 4pm, someone setup a s'mores making station next to the fire pit right outside of the entrance to the westin ski valet area. It was free and there was also a guy with a guitar singing next to the fire pit. The woman said the town pays for it. The marshmallows didn't last very long and there was a shortage of sticks which were passed from one person to the next (some smart person threw out one of the big sticks in the small garbage next to the elevators)

Ski valet - if you are going to hit the slopes when they first open you won't have to wait too long here. If its busy plan to spend 10-15 minutes here. If you can get up early enough, I suggest getting on the slopes at opening time and finishing early if you get tired (more sun outside, better conditions, and less people).

Hot tub and pool: there are two hot tubs and a pool outdoors. Great place to unwind after a day on the slopes. They don't get too hot (i wish it were a bit hotter) and someone mentioned that the pool is the same temperature as the hot tub. The floor around the hot tub is slippery so be careful as you run to hit the "bubble" activator button then back into the water.

Wish list - I wish they offered a little more in terms of a spa: a steam room, yoga classes

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank herzog00
JCurnow, General Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Actually, it's FANTASTIC that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at the new Westin Snowmass Resort! Great comprehensive review, great suggestions to continue to improve and thank you very much for taking time to share your experience! Thanks also for posting the picures of the resort! Hope to see you again soon!
Snowmass, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This past Wednesday, after a late dinner (fantastic) at The Westin Kitchen, My husband I stopped at the desk to inquire about what kind of activities, besides skiing, she could recommend for our four children. Monique Wagner was very helpful. She gave us so many great suggestions, and even outlined all the locations on a map. The entire family had so much fun all around Aspen & Snowmass. We went to two Recreation Centers, Aspen Center for Environmental Studies twice, Cross country ski'd to lunch at Ashcroft, had milkshakes at Boogies Diner, and made our own pizzas at Bruneleschis. Monique is definitely an assett to your Customer Service staff. We were able to share the information with two other families we made aquaintance with. I can't thank her enough. We will most certainly be back next year...and speak highly of our funfilled family vacation!

Room Tip: we actually stayed in a condo, but we had several fantastic meals at The Westin.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our family stayed there in January, we have 3 children 11, 10 and 6.
The entrance foyer and lobby is beautifully done, we requested interconnecting rooms for
our 6 night stay and was happy to say we got them. The rooms are a good size and
nicely decorated , they also have fridge and coffee maker which is great. The rooms had 2 queen beds in each room and a lovely view of the mountain. The staff are very friendly and helpful especially in the restaurant , we ate there the first night and the food was great and
reasonably priced . The kids meals included vegetables, instead of the usual fries .
The best part about this hotel other than the beautiful refurbishment is the location and the ski valet. We included the breakfast plan which was great , we got dressed every morning
went down in the lift for breakfast with our apre's boots, then went down another level
to the ski valet. There we just told our room number and the friendly valet staff got
our boots , and our skis were already outside waiting for us.
The valet staff even helped put the kids boots on, from our hotel room to the slopes
it would take us about 40 minutes every morning , including breakfast, not easy to do with kids but with the ski valet and location of the hotel it makes the mornings so much more pleasant.
It is also a great location for other restaurants at night time, as it is in the mall you can
just hop in the lift and go to Venga Venga across the mall or next to reception is Chinese or Italian all great family restaurants. The Wildwood hotel just opposite also has great bar with fantastic bar food good for apre's skiing or early dinner with kids, there are big chairs and board games for kids to play as well as a large screen tv .
For a family stay this hotel was great, the only thing the hotel is missing for families is a
laundry to do your washing . However there is paid laundering available.
The kids also love the complimentary afternoon hot chocolate in they foyer.
It was a great experience and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tjsinger
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Love the changes to the Westin. The only thing missing is Timbermill Band. The Wildwood is wonderful, too. We miss Timbermill because they are one of the most wonderful après ski bands in the area. The wildwood would be the perfect venue for them. Please consider bringing them back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#7 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The St. Regis Aspen Resort
The Limelight Hotel
Aspen Meadows Resort
Aspen Meadows Resort
#5 of 35 in Aspen
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort

Been to The Westin Snowmass Resort? Share your experiences!