We are an SPG Gold family of 5, and booked our stay using reward points. Our request for "connecting" rooms was cancelled by Management inexplicably just prior to our arrival. We never received an explanation. This is puzzling since: 1) we personally spoke with the Assistant Manager Rob Dario (sp), two months prior to our arrival, who arranged our accommodations....and.. 2) exactly 1 week prior to our arrival, knowing that they were likely going through some "growing" pains, I telephoned the hotel to confirm our connecting rooms. I received verbal confirmation that everything was in good order. Upon check in, i learned that the connecting rooms were "were not available" and we accepted two rooms across the hall from each other for our family.....not ideal, but workable.
The Ski Valet service is excellent. The staff are responsive and friendly, handling numerous requests with grace and aplomb. The Front desk team are polished and warm, however, with only three attendants, we experienced frequent waits...especially since the bell staff are generally under staffed, causing us to go to the front desk for all requests. The Spa is excellent and its staff is professional and knowledgeable. Our rooms were very nice, modern, and clean! The remodel is VERY well done!
As I mentioned, the hotel is working the "bugs" out: 1) bell staff and the "service express" desk is overwhelmed and poorly trained. They bungled, or even outright ignored numerous tasks including, our "check in" baggage, and our "check out" baggage, One staffer totally "blew off" our request for help when we were unable to enter the room occupied by our children because the battery on the door needed replacing. Were it not for us flagging down a manager, (Kevin), we would have missed our New Years eve dinner reservations. 2) the restaurant service is slow and generally unresponsive. 3) there are no laundry service on site. In addition, if you want to pay for laundry service, the hotel can only offer "two day turnaround" for items. This is simply unacceptable for a Ski Hotel. 4) the heat in the rooms is difficult to regulate, and at times "goes out." 5) the hot tubs are lukewarm, and sometimes "out of order".
The Hotel is in a great location, extremely convenient to restaurants and shopping. Once the Hotel works the bugs out...this will be a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers guests ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain, which has more trails than any other mountain in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Snowmass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- The Silvertree Hotel And Conference Center
- Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village