“Can't say enough good things...”
Review of Pokolodi Lodge

Pokolodi Lodge
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Can't say enough good things...”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

From start to finish, excellent.
Free shuttle from Aspen airport. Very quick.
The rooms are comfy. Beds are super comfy. Instant hot water in the showers.
Mini fridge useful. $1 Dasani water in the room. Very convenient. And a coffee maker with everything you need.
Nice choice of breakfast. Simple fast.
Very very convenient location to the slopes, the mall with restaurants and your ski rentals and shuttle buses to the other mountains are free.
Very friendly staff.
Great destination holiday. I recommend the poolside rooms, away from traffic.

Room Tip: Choose poolside if you can. Quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2014

After I made my reservation for a night in may, passing through Aspen, I called the hotel to ask about parking during of season. The man at hotel proceeded to tell me that during my stay the pool is not open nor they will serve breakfast. Although I was expecting the pool to be open as the site states ( seasonal pool- which in most cases means it's open in summer not in winter like this one) he states that the pool is closed. The breakfast is another situation, my reservation, for the dates I'm going states very clearly breakfast included, and he says he will not serve breakfast, and it's the website's fault that they did not update the information. well, me as a customer if I show up and expect that I have something included I will definitely be very unsatisfied and I can not deal with the website I made my booking,I have to deal with him who will probably deny me services. He is trying to explain to me that the whole town is dead that time of year and I have nothing to do there, but that is my business, and maybe I will not be the only one driving trough and expecting to receive the services I paid for, so I ask him, what would he do, if I'm already there and he can not deliver what was promised. Answer was, " you are free to cancel, I don't need this anyway ". Well, I'm sure my business will be welcomed somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DiaA13
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here for 12 nights in February 2014 for a ski vacation.

Perfecty located, the Pokolodi is just a short walk to the slopes of Snowmass, the Snowmass Mall (some restaurants and shops), the free shuttle buses to other parts of Snowmass (base village and supermarket/grocery store), and the free shuttle buses to the other ski areas of Aspen/Ajax, Buttermilk and the Highands.

Rooms are spacious (with space to store skis and boots), warm, beds are extremely comfortable and the housekeeping staff keep the rooms very, very clean. Staff also keep the outdoor areas clean and well maintained, including the outdoor pool and hot tub. All of the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly.

The breakfast consisted of a selection of hot drinks, fruit juices, cereals, fruit, toast/bagels/muffins and spreads/jams - more than adequate to start the day.

The hotel also has a complimentary shuttle bus to and from the airport (about 10 minutes drive away).

We would most definitely stay here again, and we would not hesitate in recommending the Pokolodi Lodge.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper, request a room on the top floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Clean, friendly/helpful staff, very short walk to slopes.

Good continental bfast, on open from 7-9 though. Delicious restaurants just a short walk away. Our favorites were Big Hoss and Mountain Dragon.

Great hotel, would come back again and again.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Tartersauce3
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 27, 2014

it was good in the past but its even better now. The service has gotten even better and it was darn good in the past. The rooms are very clean and well appointed, beds are so comfortable (and you know that a bad bed can kill a trip) and pillows are amazing. The TV is a great size flat screen, there are hooks on the walls for your jackets in addition to a great closet with nice hangars. They even have artwork on the wall that is exactly the same as what we paid $500 for 20 years ago - not too bad for a reasonably priced ski in ski out lodge. The shuttle takes you everywhere you want to go, you are steps to the slopes and they try to accommodate everything you need. We wanted both a fan (for the white noise) and a humidifier and they came up with them immediately. The breakfast offers lots of choice, hard boiled eggs, cereal, pastries, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, many choices of cereal and several kinds of juice not to mention endless coffee and tea. I honestly don't know why anyone would choose to spend $50 to $150 more when you can stay here for a great price. And the snow when we were there was fabulous.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ski34days
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We recently stayed two nights at the PokoLodi Lodge slope-side at Snowmass Village. The location is a ski in and ski out, it is on the free shuttle bus routes into Aspen and around Snowmass, and there is plenty of parking next to the hotel (but you have to buy a Snowmass village parking pass). Dave Mercatoris, the General Manager and Joe on the front desk were friendly and very helpful. Our room was nicely appointed with a large screen TV, mini bar area, two queen beds, and was very clean, comfortable and completely quiet at night. The continental breakfast in the common room fueled both my husband and I well for our days on the slopes. This is one of the last- if not the last- independently owned hotel facilities in Snowmass. The staff is great, and their service is wonderful. We will absolutely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank angelamccormick
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Just returned home from our 3rd ski vacation at the Pokolodi. We took our children for the first time (10 & 12), and we had an awesome trip. Our vacation started out with the quick, free Pokolodi shuttle from the Aspen airport. We arrived at the lodge and were greeted by the friendly, helpful staff. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. Very nice all around.

The complimentary breakfast was great. Our kids loved the hot chocolate, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, bagels, donuts, etc..

The Pokolodi is a very short walk from everything. Ski slopes, free shuttle buses, restaurants, shopping, ski shops, etc. You are right in the middle of it all. No rental car needed. Great location.

After skiing, the hot tub and pool were a big hit. Very nice pool/hot tub area. They have board games in the common/lobby area that my daughter and I played while sitting by the fireplace.

We will be going back, next time with friends and their children. The price is way better than any other place around and it has everything you need for a great vacation. You will not be disappointed.

Dave, the manager, will make your stay very nice. He is a great guy who always had a smile on his face. Heard many vacationers talking to him about their past trips there. They get a lot of repeat business, which speaks volumes. The entire staff there was wonderful.

Tell Dave the Lamb's sent yeah!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank R_L4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
The Westin Snowmass Resort
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#6 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Crestwood Condominiums
#3 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Mountain Chalet Aspen
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums

Been to Pokolodi Lodge? Share your experiences!