“unbelievable very pleasant surprise”
Review of Pokolodi Lodge

Pokolodi Lodge
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“unbelievable very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We found the room to be clean. The staff could not have been more helpful. The morning breakfast was a great way to start the day. I couldn't belive how close it was to the slopes. If you didn't ski there was all kinds of activites. It was our first time there but I promise it will not be our last. Excellant value. Even though the owner is a Steelers fan he is still the nicest guy. We recommend this place highly.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here on a whim during a recent trip to Maroon Bells. Didn’t know anything about the motel before driving up and checking in, we just needed a place to stay for the night. Great location and the price was reasonable, fairly cheaper than actual downtown Aspen. The area was really nice and scenic, but I found it surprising at how dead the village was. Not like other ski areas we visited during the summer. I think we saw 3 people the entire evening walking around, I guess everyone was in Aspen. The grounds were beautiful and the pool/hot tub area looked nice, but we didn’t go in.

The room was very nice, cozy and had a rustic charm to it. Like other reviewers said, there was no a/c. It wasn’t really a huge deal for us, we just cracked the window and thought it was breezy enough. I’m sure though in the winter, it would be cold since it only had baseboard heat. We would probably stay here again if we visited during the winter. It’s a great location for skiers and the price is right.

They did advertise a free breakfast which was a total joke! Cereal and canned fruit was all they had available.. they didn’t even have coffee.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RoxyGirl68
Indianapolis
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is a comfortable hotel that is steps from the "mall" and walking distance to "Fanny Hill" slope. The room was a good size for 2 people and mildly rustic. There is a great space in the lodge for friends and family to meet. Breakfast is also served in there, although the breakfast was nothing to should about. Nice outdoor pool area along with patio seating. The price was reasonable and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed July 2011
Aurora, CO
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed one night on a weekend trip to the Aspen Music Festival. This was a pretty good Expedia deal for the Aspen area, which does not have inexpensive accomodations. The front desk staff was fairly indifferent and just seemed like they were treating us like another number. We asked for a slightly later checkout (they have 11:00 a.m.) but were flatly told "no" because they had a lot of guests coming, which can be understandable; however, when I discovered an hour later that we had left some drinks in the refrigerator and went back to retrieve them, no one had started cleaning the room, and there were no housekeeping staff anywhere around. The other gripe we had was there is no air conditioning in the room, and it was pretty darn hot, so we didn't sleep well. Supposedly they have "fans available upon request," but the desk closes at 11 p.m., and we didn't discover the no A/C until after the desk was closed. Continental breakfast is only served until 9:30 a.m., so we missed that, after a late night out in Aspen. There is a pool and hot tub in the courtyard, shared with a few other properties nearby, that was nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
evergreen
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here because the price was right and it had all the amenities we were looking for in a clean and centrally located property. Although they have a limited number of rooms with king size beds, Dave the hotel manager secured a room for us with the most comfortable hotel bed I have had in years! Lots of pillows and very clean room. Great maid service everyday and we a small balcony which was perfect to store our bikes. There is no air conditioning but with a fan (which can be checked out at the front desk) it was a perfect sleeping temperature. I love that mountain air!! We rode our bikes each day on the paved trails located right off the parking lot across the street. The we would hit the pool which was never super crowded and had nice views and great water temperature. We had lots of parking spaces available close to the hotel. We also played golf each day once at the River Valley Ranch Golf Club in Carbondale and then at the Aspen Golf Club!! Both were great deals for the area and not many people on the course early in the morning. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful- not just the front desk but each employee whether it was the breakfast helper or the guy carrying towels. Thanks for a fun and relaxing stay. We will be back! Thanks for taking such good care of us Dave!

Room Tip: Upgrade for a small amount
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dberning427
Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I booked this hotel after reading other reviews of the property on Tripadvisor. We found the hotel to be better than expected. The only thing I have to complain about would be the super small bathroom. At least the sink was outside the toilet/shower room so it was not that annoying. Great location, nice decor, not outdated at all and an excellent price. I booked it through Expedia which resulted in a confusion about the king bed I reserved not being available when we arrived. I recommend you call the hotel directly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Aspen
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at the Pokolodi last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a super comfy king bed. I used the little in room coffee maker and took my cup of joe out to my private balcony where I took advantage of the free WiFi by catching up on my emails. The hot tub felt great after hiking up the mountain. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank PamuAspen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
The Westin Snowmass Resort
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#6 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Crestwood Condominiums
#3 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Mountain Chalet Aspen
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums

Been to Pokolodi Lodge? Share your experiences!