“Absolutley Great!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Evergreen, Colorado
“Absolutley Great!”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We live in Colorado and were taking a mini road trip with visiting family. We were looking for an inexpensive option to highly expensive Aspen. I found this hotel through TripAdvisor and we all could not have been more pleased. It is only ten minutes to Aspen. The price was $134 per room out the door - including a full breakfast buffet with an omelet bar. The hotel was clean nd attractive, had a great pool/jacuzzi/workout room, and was centrally located in Snowmass to restaurants and shops. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and very pleasant. The grounds are beautiful. There is a free gondola that takes people between the upper and lower village areas and live music in the evening. There is also a free shuttle that takes people between Snowmass Village and Aspen, even well into the night. I would not hesitate recommeding the Stonebridge Inn and I would defintely go back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank L2Y261

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Westport, CT
Reviewed December 29, 2008

We are finishing up a week stay at the Stonebridge from 12/23-12/30. We have stayed at the Silvertree (big hotel) a few times, and also once at the Wildwood (which I do not recommend). I would say we were happy at the Stonebridge Inn. They provide a complimentary (tip- based) shuttle to and from Aspen Airport. The standard room is very nice. Service (before Christmas) was excellent--we left a list of minor issues with the front desk (such as squeaky bathroom door, need lightbulb, etc.) and it was all taken care of the first day. The room has a fridge, but there is no convenience store in Snowmass Village Mall (the liquor store sells a few essential items). I walked down to the Village Market (10 minutes) and took the Snowmass Bus back to the hotel. I used the laundry facilities on the second floor once--each machine is $1.75, but everything worked well. We had to pay $30 for a week's access to the hotel's wifi, but it worked well. The hotel is located about halfway between the new base area (with Sneaky's etc.) and the Snowmass Village Mall. It is an easy walk to the slopes; the ski locker is very convenient. It is a bit of a drag to have to walk up to the mall for dinner, but we highly recommend Il Poggio, and the Stew Pot is simple and good. We took the gondola down to Sneaky's Tavern one night, and it was very good. We took the bus into Aspen one night to see a movie and have dinner. The bus stop is right outside the hotel, and after 5pm comes every 30 minutes (15 and 45). It takes about 30 minutes and is free. We had dinner at Asie (very good) and then saw a movie at Isis around the corner. Back to the hotel. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet. Every day it had eggs, bacon, sausage, a pancake/blintz/waffle choice, fruit, cereal, baked goods, yogurt, etc. It was perfect for us. Before xmas, there were relatively few guests, the setting is bright and lovely, and the service was excellent. After the masses arrived, the staff had trouble keeping order during breakfast, but we managed. We had dinner at the Artisan Restaurant (downstairs) one night, and it was excellent. I recommend the grilled artichoke. We ordered our lift tickets and a couple of lessons online before we arrived (aspensnowmass.com) and got a decent discount. For those deciding between the Silvertree and the Stonebridge, the Silvertree is much bigger (we walked forever to get to our room), more expensive, but a better location. However, we really did enjoy our stay at the Stonebridge, and it has a nice cozy atmosphere.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable room; complimentary shuttle and breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Westportia
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Location: 100 feet from fanny hill slope. Ski down to quad lift.
300 feet from mall (uphill walk, which will burn the first day) where you can rent skis and buy lift tickets.
Full day: $96 (ouch), 1/2 day starts at 12:00 $72. Last lift at 3:30pm

Each room has its own ski locker (not for boots)

Bus to Aspen easy access, frequency 7-20 minutes. Bus ride takes 20 minutes can be crowded, standing room only.

Room: Very clean. Comfy, soft bed. Wool blanket and soft quilt cover. Windows open..if not frozen shut. Heating in our room was not adjustable,but temp. was ok..slightly cold, but no matter. Bathroom small.
Rooms on 1st floor, ridge view, are dark, low ceiling.

Humidifier
Fridge
Coffee maker
DVD player
$4 water

Staff: Amazingly nice. So friendly and in good spirits.
Restaurant: Breakfast-not great. Although nice to have the option, we preferred a bagel at Fuel coffee in the mall.

Tips:
*Get lift tix in advance. Lines can be 20 minutes long, if doing half day get there early so you don't miss the 12pm start.
*for discount you need to book 1 week in advance thru concierge or incline sports.
*Find a cheap water source (maybe grocery in snowmass village?) you should drink alot of water and even stores at mall charge $4/ liter.
*120 mg of Ginkgo 2x/ day 5 days before trip and during, seemed to help us with altitude. Only had headache the first day.
*bring warm gloves. long lift rides at -5 F make for cold hands.
*Leave humidifier on all night, not loud and helps prevent dehydration
*bring dvds to watch. nothing to do in snowmass at night

Enjoy!

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness+Staff
  • Disliked — No proper ski boot storage+ breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 5StarBohemian
Boston
Reviewed November 18, 2008

When my husband and I traveled to Colorado this past July, we expected the part of our stay in Aspen/Snowmass to be the priciest portion, but we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed at the Stonebridge Inn in Snowmass Village and found it to be cozy, pleasant and have helpful staff, nice furnishings. Our room was comfortable as well. The price of the room was a good deal for the quality of the hotel. The proximity of the hotel to great hiking on Snowmass mountain (with superb views of Mt. Daly) as well as the shuttle to Maroon Bells was great as well. We will most definately book the Stonebridge again if heading back to the Aspen/Snowmass area.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aajjk
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I live only about 4 hours away in Boulder, CO. My best girlfriend, whom I had not seen for a few years, came into town, from Annapolis, MD, especially for this weekend.

We stayed one night on Sept. 27, 2008. I booked our room directly with the hotel, after checking rates at various travel booking sites, and got a slightly better deal than anything else I saw, about 5% better. I paid $103 before taxes, in advance, as I was booking it only 2 weeks before arrival.

It had been some time since I had stayed overnight in Snowmass, so I wasn't quite sure where the hotel was located. Stupidly, I'd forgotten the name of the hotel and thought I had booked in to The Snowmass Inn. But after checking at the front desk for my reservation, and being told I wasn't in their system, the front desk clerk there asked if I wanted to check the phone book for some of the other inns in the area and maybe the name would jump out at me. Snowmass Village is pretty small so the list wasn't too long. Almost immediately I saw the name of where we were booked and was told it was right next door, just down the hill about 100 ft.

Time of arrival was about 4:45pm on Saturday. The hotel parking was free, always a bonus, and right across the road from the lobby entrance. We unloaded our small bags, walked across the stone bridge (hence the name of the inn), under the over-hanging canopy, and walked into the 4th floor lobby. The hotel is built on a hill.

The lobby was small, rustic feeling, which is normal for this area, clean and well kept. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. I was addressed by my name with a smile. This is so much better treatment than I ever get in most Aspen hotels!

Complaint and Complement #1: The music blaring from the bar/restaurant, right next to the front desk, was way too loud. I mentioned I was having a hard time hearing the clerk, and he motioned with his head to another staffer who immediately called the bartender to turn the music down.

I was given our keys to a room on the 5th floor and informed the bar was open and restaurant food service began at 5 pm. The elevator was just up the ramp a little, on the left, but as our floor was only one flight up, we took the stairs.

Complaint #2: Open entering the 5th floor hall, we were hit with suffocating 80+ temps.

We proceeded to our room and upon checking out the room, we found we couldn't find the over the sink light. I called the front desk clerk who said he'd come up right away to check it out and he did! Compliment 32.

While waiting for him, I checked out the view and found we were right over the lobby overhang, so no view and the smoking area was right under us too. I again called the desk clerk and was told they'd see if they could find something else, but as they were fully booked, it might not be possible.

When the first desk clerk arrived to show us where the light switch for the vanity light was, I was still on the phone about the room location. I said I'd talk to this man and he was sure he could find us something else. Within 10 minutes, he was back at our door with 2 alternatives. The 1st room, one flight up only had 1 bed, and the same view, being it was right above our current room. The 2nd choice was on the 3rd floor with not much view either, but it was on the back side of the hotel and still pretty, and much quieter too. So we took it.

We had wonderful drinks and dinner in the hotel at the Artisian Restaurant and Bar, as were were tired and were planning an early morning check-out. The food was good, portions were generous and the prices reasonable for the area. Breakfast though was only so-so, but it was complimentary, so I couldn't complain. A few cold cereals, yogurts, hard-boiled eggs (which I hate), apples, bananas, coffee, o.j., and I think banana bread.

Complaint #3: Since it was too warm in our room, before going to bed, I opened the window about 3 inches for some fresh air and turned on the quietest ceiling fan. It made no noise at all! I want one of those myself. About midnight, I woke up feeling cold. I closed the window and turned on the heat to 65F. This is where the worst of our stay lies. The heater would make this loud BANG sound every time it kicked on. At first I thought some child in the room next to us had fallen out of bed and was kicking the heater in their room, but after hearing it for 3 hours do the same thing, on and off, and getting no sleep during that time, I figured it might be the heater. So I turned the thermostat off again and it stopped. I only managed to get another 2 hours of sleep after that. So much for getting up early for our check-out.

When I went to check out, I told the desk clerk about the heater bagging and that I hadn't much sleep because of it. He only offered to discount the room another 20%. I would have preferred a larger discount, but I wasn't in any mood to haggle due to my tired state and need to leave, so I let it go. He also said he'd tell maintenance to check it out.

All in all, I was ok with the hotel, but not too sure if I'll stay there again.

• Liked — location, price/value, food, friendly and accommodating staff
  • Disliked — problems with the internal temperature of the ahlls, and the heater banging when it comes on
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank J-Lvs-2Travel
central US
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Stayed for 2 nights in a Mountain View Suite--Rm. 601 for about $160/night with AARP discount(10%). We were shown several room options (it is low season and the Inn was virtually deserted upon arival on a Thursday, but fills on weekends). All rooms looked sufficient and decent, but I must have a balcony for my mountain experience.

Inn is clean and well-kept. Friendly staff. Carpet in room has a few stains on it, and overall the Inn's carpet could either use a good cleaning or replacing. The area cabinets in the bath area could also use updating or replacing, but I suspect it gets alot of use during the winter months. Same goes for the moulding/trim. Bed is very nice. Ceiling fan above the bed with an extra fan as there is no AC (didn't need either as we left the balcony windows open at night for the cool mountain air). Construction is everywhere and it seems every hotel is adjacent to some construction. The noise was tolerable. Breakfast includes hard boiled eggs, good cereal and yogurt selection, fresh fruit, plus the other usual stuff. Pool, spa, and changing rooms poolside are well kept and clean. Both pool and spa are very large. Fitness room has 1 treadmill, elipitical, and recumbant(good brands); has a multi-use weight tower.

Inn is 2 blocks to the Snomass Mall, the main shopping/tourist area of town. You have to walk uphill to this (or drive). The lifts are not operating and everything at the Mall closes up at 5pm since it is low season. 2-3 restaurants were open for dinner and the Inn's own restaurant has surprisingly good food for competitive price($12 for sandwiches, $6 for side dishes, $13-15 for salads). There are several properties closer to the Mall, but those don't seem to get good reviews on TripAdvisor (Pokolodi, Wildwood, and Silvertree). The Snomass Mountain Chalet is literally right next to the lifts/Mall and appeared to be a decent place with good reviews. I would wonder about noise coming from the Lift area however as it would be a high pedestrian traffic area.

Overall, yes, I would stay here again

• Liked — Mountain Views, Free Internet in Lobby
  • Disliked — $10/Day For Wireless Internet In Room;
  • Stayed September 2008
2 Thank wrightpsy
Newtown, PA
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We recently stayed at the Stonebridge Inn for 2 nights. I received a good rate bidding through Priceline and overall we were happy with the hotel. The staff was young, but helpful and courteous. Plenty of maps and pamphlets available in the lobby. There were a couple issues which I'll address in a minute.

We liked the layout of the room, which was good size. High ceilings, ceiling fan (no AC), very comfortable king bed, and a refrigerator . We found the room to be clean and relaxing. I'm never crazy about paying for the internet, the rate here is $10 for a 24 hour period. There are free use of computers in the lobby.

The rest of the hotel was easy to navigate. Nice bar area that led to an outdoor deck. Decent size outdoor pool. I thought the hotel blended in fine with the other condominiums in Snowmass Village. It was also a short walk to the mall area.

The first evening we arrived with rainy weather, so we stayed in and ate at the Artisan Restaurant on site. In fact, the seating area is connected to the bar. The food was somewhat pricey, but was a satisfying meal. I had the NY Strip Steak, and my wife had the Halibut. There are sandwiches on the menu if one wants to downsize their meal and cost.

The complimentary continental breakfast is definitely recommended. They had an assortment of real fresh fruit that included cantaloupe, honey dew, grapefruit and oranges. All sliced for easy consumption. I enjoyed the selection of cereal. Finally a continental breakfast that has genuine granola cereal. Something different from the usual Kellogg's single servings. They also provided fresh breads including banana bread that was very good.

There were 3 issues I found with the Stonebridge. First, since there is no AC and the window is wide open at night, things can get a little noisy in the street. It's obvious that most have partaken in a few beverages. During our stay, AC really wasn't needed because the temps were comfortable. Second, there is only one elevator and it is slow. This can lead to congestion when checking out. We had to wait for it to come back a second time. The maids also use this elevator. Lastly, the universal weight machine in the exercise room was broken the entire time of our stay. No guarantee I would have used it, just throwing it out as an FYI. To add, that exercise room was small. It contained 3 pieces of cardio equipment and the broken universal.

I don't consider these major issues, our stay was a good one for the most part. If I had to pay rack rate, my score for the Stonebridge would have been 3 out of 5. I always factor in price when rating a hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
The Inn at Aspen
The Inn at Aspen
#11 of 34 in Aspen
Mountain Chalet Aspen

Been to Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel? Share your experiences!