“Excellent moules and frites”
Review of Ricard By Viceroy - CLOSED

Ricard By Viceroy
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: RICARD offers inspired cuisine and beverages at a fair price. Dine inside or on the sun-drenched patio. Helmed by Executive Chef Will Nolan, RICARD is open for dinner Thursday through Monday, closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. The restaurant boasts a rich brasserie-style interior as well as an expansive patio facing the Village Express chairlift. Viceroy Snowmass guests can charge their meals to their rooms.
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch and went back for dinner, great food, we had fantastic moules and frites, very good burger, excellent onion soup and tartare.
Service is slow but nice

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Lunch was so good the first day that we ate at Ricard that we returned the next day with friends. Nothing can beat sitting outside on a beautiful sunny day after a morning of skiing. Everything that we ordered was delicious. The first day we had a delicious cheese platter and hearty soup - - one French onion and one white bean. A perfect meal considering that web ad to ski back to Two Creeks after lunch. And, the service was excellent.

The following day, the food was just as good, but the service was very slow. The restaurant was very crowded with large parties which might have accounted for the slow service. But, I could use the rest so I did not mind. I can't think of a place on the mountain where I would rather eat lunch.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service, fabulous atmosphere. Loved to sit outside & watch the skiers come in. But $300 for lunch for 3 adults & 2 kids. OUCH!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I went to Ricard's twice in two days. The first time was for a glass of wine after dinner elsewhere. We were utterly charmed by the beautiful, sophisticated lounge with soft music and a nice wine and cocktail list, pretty fireplace and comfy chairs. The next day we went back earlier in the evening for their après ski menu (3:00-6:00). It was snowing and cold so we again opted for the lounge rather than the patio. We enjoyed rose bubbly and then ate from their après ski menu: mussels and fries (delicious) and a burger (also delicious; must love Gorgonzola cheese). On both occasions, there were very few people in the bar or restaurant and we had excellent, attentive, friendly service.

The next day was warm and sunny. While my husband ran an errand, I decided to go back to Ricard's to enjoy the sunshine and a glass of that rose bubbly on the patio. It was very busy in the early portion of the après ski period (about 4:00). And then I discovered the service challenges mentioned in other reviews. After asking for service twice I finally stopped yet another server and pretty much shamed him into paying attention to me. Then I got good attentive service from that point forward. I did have more rose champagne and the shrimp cocktail which was really good - 6 HUGE shrimp and a delicious cocktail sauce. In the end I have to give this place a slightly lower rating because they have to get the service issues figured out. There were plenty of service staff who seemed vaguely disinterested, not overly busy. It is wonderful to have an après ski option that isn't a loud, beer/burger or taco/tequila joint.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Had a wonderful time drinking wine and eating oysters. Numerous, craft beers on tap. A swedish local provided us with more information than our concierge. Super sexy spot!