“Fine food, good service, great views from the deck”

Sage Restaurant & Patio
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage Restaurant & Patio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Brush Creek/ Owl Creek
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Sage Restaurant is a part of the Snowmass Club and is much underrated. Our group of four was impressed with the lamb loin, salads and wine list. The youth and eager waitstaff was in good cheer and very helpful. Outdoor dining on the deck offers great views of Mt. Daly.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We dined the other evening at Sage in Snowmass Village. The dining is sophisticated but still casual and the setting is beautiful. I've read the reviews of Sage and they all over the place...either wonderful or horrible. We understand Sage is under new management with a new chef, perhaps this accounts for the very positive and lovely dining experience we had the other evening. The food was beautifully presented and completely enjoyable. Our party ordered duck, scallops, steak, and pork and everything was beautifully prepared. The medium-rare duck medallions came with a side of savory steel cut oats with foie gras and it was a surprisingly delicious use of oats, the huge scallops were presented on creamy mashed potatoes, the appetizer of mussels was generous and fresh. We had attentive service. I hope visitors to Snowmass will return to Sage and give it another chance as anyone who knows restaurants, understands that a new manager and chef can make all the difference.

1  Thank ah_bah
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I am a snowmass local and though not a member of the club have dined at Sage often over the years. It appears no one has reviewed the restaurant this summer, and I felt obliged. During my last visit I became aware that a new management team and chef have been running the restaurant since spring. The changes are evident. Service is on point and timely, and the menu is engaging and plentiful. In Snowmass, there is little to choose from in the off season. I will say that the room seems tired - espcially the bar area (I suppose it doesn't help that the Viceroy is the only other decent place to eat, and has a very modern feel). I have had sub par experiences in the past, and dined twice in September. Sage's menu this fall is terrific, and I hope they stay the course. Try it...you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Smassman
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We visited sage on the recommendation of travel guides etc. This is an upscale restaurant with a nice menu.
I should have left at the beginning when it took over 15 minutes for a server to appear.
We hung in there for over 2 hrs and only got away after bailing out on any possibility of ordering desert and asking a busboy if he could possibly hunt down our check. The server seemed infinitely more intrigued in the computer there which we watched her stare into for 30 minutes at a time. I was so aggravated I can't even tell you how the food tasted.
Sure wish we had stopped at subway. Would have given us 3 hrs of our vacation back.
Run from this place unless you're not hungry and have
nothing else to do.

1  Thank cuttern
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Arrived at 7:45 did not get any food until 8:45. Originally shown to a table then asked to move, dumped at another table without menus or drinks. We had to fetch our own menus from the front desk. Service was slow and disinterested. My starter of Frisee aux Lardons was disgusting - the Lardons were cold and chewy, I suspect they came straight from the fridge, the egg, which is typically poached, was similar to a lump of yellow and white plastic with about the same amount of taste. On the plus side the main courses weren't bad but definitely not worth the exhorbinant prices they charged.

I would not recommentd this restaurant.