“This Restaurant will Surprise You”
Review of The Stew Pot

The Stew Pot
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Annapolis Md
“This Restaurant will Surprise You”
Reviewed February 7, 2010

During our two week stay in Aspen we ate five meals at The Stew Pot. Fabulous FRESH food here, nothing pretentious, just delicious. Everything we had was good, the soup, chili (veggie and beef), sandwiches, salads, paninis. The prices are extremely reasonable and the waitstaff friendly.

madison, WI
“Very basic”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

The Stew Pot has pretty standard fare as might be expected from the name of the restaurant. I had a bowl of beef stew that was 10 dollars. It was pretty tasty but not very large and definitely would not fill most people up after a long day of skiing. All in all my recommendation is to save the 10 dollars and buy a few cans of campbells chunky beef stew.

Southeastern Pennsylvania
“Great value and vibe in Snowmass”
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Had eaten at the Stew Pot many, many years ago, and was saddened by some of the recent reviews on TA (time moves on and things do change). So during a visit to Snowmass a few weeks ago I was a bit surprised when our hotel clerk recommended the Stew Pot – and highly at that. “Can’t go wrong,” he said.

I’m pleased to report he was dead-on the mark. We had two very pleasant and filling dinners at the Stew Pot during our stay. And for a family of three, getting full for less than $45 in Snowmass (including two beers!) was a nice surprise.

The seating has changed a bit from what I remember, but it was still comfortable. It’s always been on the “intimate” side, so you know what your neighbors are eating – and not eating. Everyone we saw seemed to be pleased with their food. Some video guys who were in Snowmass to shoot a group of professional women snowboarders vowed to pass the word of the Stew Pot among their crew, and return often during the week.

The standard stew was great, and when we ventured to the specials we were also quite pleased. Fresh-cut bread was outstanding and filling. My wife and I would have been happy to have had most our dinners here, but our 13-year-old son had other ideas.

A charming young couple now owns the restaurant (less than a year I think?), and I hope they do well. It’s a tough business, and times are tough. I wish them all the best in keeping this standard bearer of Snowmass – affordable Snowmass that is – alive and well.

(The clerk was working the desk of the Snowmass Mountain Chalet – we highly recommend that as well.)

rockville
“Aweome after a day on the slopes”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

This is a small place, simple, laid back, great for a hot lunch or dinner. The waitstaff is very kind and will hold a conversation with you. Usually there are 2 or 3 stew specials of the day. What the menu lacks in quantity it greatly makes up for in quality. My wife and I say this some of the best stew/soup we've ever had. We had the beef stew with a dollup of mashed potatoes in th middle. Everything was delicious. We had take out the next day and that was great as well. Highly recommend.

1 Thank dc_dining_guru
Dallas
“Life-saver for 7 kids & 6 adults”
Reviewed March 20, 2009

After trying several other restaurants for dinner accommdations (who knew it was so difficult to get 2 high-chairs?!?!), we struck gold with the Stew Pot. The food was yummy and the waitstaff were all VERY friendly and helpful!!! Definitely our favorite spot in Snowmass.