“Everything is homemade”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

That is how the concierge described it and why we chose to have lunch here. Everything was great from the stews and soups to the burritos; even the bread was tasty and perfect. They have daily specials but by 12:30 when we ordered, the lamb stew was already sold out! A must-try if you are at Snowmass.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I wanted a simple meal and found it here. I ordered a sandwich - roasted turkey on artisan multi grain bread, etc. It sounded very good, maybe even a bit fancy and took some time to be prepared. What I got looked like the preparer took two slices of bread out of a cheap bread bag, slapped a couple pieces of average turkey meat on it and served it to me with lettuce and tomato and charge $13 for it. Like I said, I wanted a simple meal and got it...and paid more than I expected to for it.

Maybe I should have tried the stew.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

we heard good things about the stew pot so on our last day we skiied down towards the mall and checked our skis at the free ski valet and walked a block to to the stew pot. The service was better than expected and the food was great--just as we anticipated. I had the cream of mushroom soup and my son had the chicken chili and both were fantastic and served with a nice piece of warm whole grain bread and a smile. Meal was under $20 which is hard to duplicate on a mountain and was perfect for us that day. Well done.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We visited the Stew Pot based on the reviews on tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed. We ate there a total of 3 nights during our 12 night stay!

The food is well priced, healthy, filling and very flavoursome. They have a delicious vegetarian chilli, and have 'specials' board alongside the regular menu. Desserts are also very tasty!

Great hospitality - service is welcoming and the owner very friendly.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Came here for dinner after hiking the Highlands Bowl. I was exhausted and wanted something quick, hearty, and delicious. All three of my requests were satisfied. Meal was inexpensive but more than enough to fill my hunger.

They also have an excellent beer selection. Always a nice additional to a restaurant.