“Active bar scene, but skip restaurant”
Review of Mountain Dragon - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Gainesville, Florida
“Active bar scene, but skip restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were in the mood for Chinese food and went to Mountain Dragon with fairly low expectations based on some of the prior reviews. Even then, I was surprised at the poor food quality. We had miso soup which was made from chicken stock. The chicken pot stickers and Korean lettuce wraps were pretty good. However, the main dishes were served with very overcooked white rice that was difficult to eat. We had the General Tso's chicken which is usually a kid favorite, but it was also pretty dry and just not very flavorful. The main dishes are large and can feed 1 1/2 - 2 people, particularly when the kids don't like it much.
The bar scene was hopping and I suspect you can't go too wrong with the beer there. I think if we had wanted to just watch the basketball games and hang out, we would have enjoyed it more.

Whakatane, New Zealand
“Another chinese restaurant”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

When you are up a mountain in Colorado don't expect to be served "genuine" Chinese food. The Mountain Dragon serves typical Americanised Chinese food and does a very good job of it. The portion sizes are bordering on ridiculous - we shared 9 different servings between our hungry group of 12 and there was still food left over. Service was good and the food was promptly presented. The very noisy bar that is attached is a bit off putting but overall the experience is good.

Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Good sushi rolls”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We liked the convenient location and food was surprisingly good - having read the reviews my expectations were pretty low, yet we were surprised by good sushi and very interesting variety.

On the other hand, the pad Thai and other Thai and Chinese fare was totally forgettable.

Service was prompt and prices were reasonable.

northeast US
“good asian food at a ski area”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had sushi roll which was very good. there are two dining areas. one is a bar area with pool tables. the other dining area is more formal with tables.
I ate at the bar area. the bar tender was very attentive even though he mentioned we would have to order at the bar. he was on the ball for my party. I enjoyed the food. The bar atmosphere was nice and casual. Nice spot at a ski area. the food was pretty good for any location.

New York
“Pick and Choose”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were craving Chinese food and this is the only option in Snowmass. We started with the Pad Thai , which to be honest, I would discourage people from getting. It's too sweet and not authentic and pretty much tainted our view of the rest of the meal. However, if I really think about it , I think that the seafood and crispy duck dishes we got were pretty good considering.

Visited January 2013