“Are you game?”

Dining options: Reservations
Raleigh, NC
“Are you game?”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our party of eleven skiiers ventured down the mountain from Snowmass Village, and were charmed by the cozy log cabin atmosphere and friendly service. We had come to sample the game on the menu, and no one left disappointed. We sampled elk, boar, arctic char (fish), pheasant, and bison. The wild mushroom soup was touted, and was delicious, but not a highlight. The wine list was quite good, with a decent selection offered by the glass. We did not try many desserts; the sorbet was, well, sorbet, and the after-dinner drink selection featured a surprizing selection of brandies, scotch, and coffee cocktails. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited February 2014

South Florida, Florida
“Trifle Over-rated”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We made up a large group of skiers to take in Krabloonik after seeing some good reviews. For the most part, it was a good night of fellowship and dining, but, without the fellowship, the eating experience would be lacking. To start with, the atmosphere is a great asset - sort of Vermont hunting lodge comes to Colorado. The unique thing a bout the menu is game, and our group sampled widely. Reactions? The elk and trout were very good. The boar was dry and tasteless, and the rest was passable. The beginning wine service was pretty slow- especially with $87 entrees on the menu. The much-heralded wild mushroom soup was tasty and different, but I would not say, as other reviewers have, that it is "worth the price of admission." Interestingly, I found the grilled Caesar salad to be the highlight of my meal. Overall, a fun night, but somewhat over-priced for value.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DocSkier
“Quaint cabin in the mountains”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Our last night in Snowmass we made a trip in 30 inches of snow to Krabloonik. I only wish we would have found it sooner. They have dog sled rides!!! We will definitely go back! We were a party of four and shared lobstercargo and the Brie. Both were fantastic! I had the Wild Boar,
My daughter had the lobster, salmon duo. My husband had the red trio with lamb, elk and buffalo. Last but not least my daughters boyfriend the filet. I had a bite of everything and they all were amazing! The restaurant has great ambiance if your looking for a quiet cozy diner. They also have a very nice wine selection.

Visited January 2014
Springfield, Illinois
“Great little restaurant, high quality food”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Please see my review on Krabloonik Dog sled attraction; meals are included in the ride.

Fabulous food, delicious, and great service. I'd go back!

Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful setting, delicious meal”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was in Krabloonik over the New Year holiday with friends and it was a perfect evening. We asked our waiter Phil to make suggestions on our menu and wine choices.......they were all yummy. We had the mushroom soup, Elk tartare, and Red trio of Elk, Buffalo and Colorado Lamb, each with their own sauce. We were hesitate about his suggestion of the wild game but they were each delicious. Phil also helped us with several suggestions of wines to accompany our meal. His recommendations were excellent all around. Thank you for your service!

The setting for Krabloonik is magical and beautiful. It is a unique evening not to be missed. I would highly recommend to my friends

Beware of all the local politics surrounding the kennels and dog sled operations. I have taken the dog sled ride in the past and saw nothing unusual or out of the ordinary during this visit, except activists and disgruntled employees using this as a negative campaign smear.

• Visited January 2014