“Stromboli: Where's the meatball?”
Review of Taster's

Taster's
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Taster's is located at the Village Center so we were able to kill 3 birds on a single shuttle ride: eat dinner, buy wine and get some groceries. I was feeling hungry for something meaty, so initially I was planning to get a meatball sub. But I've never tried a Stromboli ( I've only seen them on TV), so when I saw it on the menu, I decided to give it a go. A meatball Stomboli. BIG MISTAKE! The thing was huge and filled the plate. However, it was mostly hollow bread with cheese! Lots of bread. There were only scattered small cubes of meatball. My first thought: where's the beef?! If you combined all of the meat together it would barely be a single meatball the size of a golf ball. OK, so each "additional topping" is only $1.25, so I guess I only got $1.25 worth of meatball. I felt cheated. I wish someone would have warned me how little meat there would be. I figured I would get the meat equivalent of a meatball sub. But no. A double order topping of meatball would still be too little. If you order a meatball stromboli, I would suggest a quadruple topping. Better yet, if I come back next year I'll just go with a meatball sub. On the other hand, my daughter ordered an 8" Big Daddy pizza which she couldn't finish. It was indeed tasty and meaty helped out some with my cravings. Stromboli: 1 star; Big Daddy pizza 5 stars; overall 3 stars.

Taster's S, Owner at Taster's, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thanks for the 5 star review of the Big Daddy, it's definitely filling. Our apologies that the stromboli missed its mark it is more of a cheesy, doughy meal. The meatball sub is definitely a good choice if your looking for something super meaty and filling and our meatballs are homemade! We are always available to offer suggestions, if you not sure please ask. Thank you for the input, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The pizza is OK, just like many but service is poor. If you ask for a delivery service better check every few minutes if they haven't forgoten yours.

Stacy F, Owner at Taster's, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I would like to apologize for providing slow delivery service. We have been experiencing very high demand for delivery and while we certainly welcome the extra business, the volume does expose inefficiencies in our system. We are taking steps to correct these flaws and hope that you will consider ordering from us again on your next visit to Aspen/Snowmass.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have ordered pizzas to be delivered 2 years in a row, and both times the delivery service has been terrible. On both occasions they quoted a long wait time (over 1hr) despite being very early in the evening, but the pizzas were not delivered during that time, so we rang again and no explanantion or apology was given and the pizzas turned up 40minutes later - as if they had lost or forgotten the original order. 2hrs for pizza delivery (especially when quoted 1hr) is just too long. Also, the delivery boy conveniently didn't have any change at all on him, so pocketed the change as a tip for the terrible service.The pizzas are quite nice, but I wouldn't rave about them.

Stacy F, Owner at Taster's, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we don't like getting bad ones, it's a helpful tool in identifying flaws in our system, as well as bad behavior from our employees. Delivery drivers in particular are the most difficult to monitor.

We strive to provide the best quality food and service that we possibly can, and hope to learn from our mistakes. We apologize for your inconvenience and welcome an opportunity to make a better impression.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We ordered pizza for delivery - and so did many others - as it arrived 1.5 hours later (as promised). It was worth the wait. Both white pizzas were delicious - among the best we have ever tasted. The plain cheese and pepperoni pizzas were a hit with the kids. If you feel like pizza, this is the place to go or order from.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Terrific pizza! We ordered a small Greek salad and two small pizzas, a supreme and a sheer bliss. The supreme pizza was loaded with fresh toppings. The sheer bliss pizza had ricotta cheese, mozerella, tomatoes and a light white sauce. Really a nice combination of ingredients. Both pizzas were addictive as we definitely ate more than we had planned to. The environment is casual and friendly. The restaurant is unassuming yet offers awesome pizza.