“Fantastic food, great atmosphere, service okay”
Review of IL Poggio

IL Poggio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were tired last night after arriving at our nearby hotel, so decided to give this restaurant a try. We're not big Italian food eaters, but this was wonderful. My beet salad may have been the best I've ever had, and my husband enjoyed his field greens. We both got steel head trout, which was just a fantastic preparation with terrific sides of couscous and asparagus. My daughter got the filet and loved it.
The service was a tad slow (we had to ask for things a few times) but overall a wonderful experience and we will go back.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

No need to go to Aspen for a great Italian meal, service and superb wine list! Our group came the first night of our vacation and immediately made reservations for the last night. And reasonably priced. Garden-fresh and wild-caught fish with homemade pasta. Dishes represent regional cuisine. Not heavy on sauces. Try I Poggio!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food here is OK, but for the price it should be better. The hostess was a complete snob. Who needs that on vacation?

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Dined there twice during my recent trip - two separate groups who wanted to stay in Snowmass for dinner rather than driving into Aspen. It is likely the most reasonable restaurant in Snowmass that is not super casual. Food was very good and wine selection was also great. If staying at the Westin, it's across the street. If staying at the Viceroy, the hotel car can drive you and pick you up.
It was very convenient!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Is there nothing better than going into a restaurant for the first time and screaming WOW? Well we did that at IL Poggio in Snowmass, Colorado, and once I tasted their fettuccine with artichokes, roasted tomatoes, preserved lemon and klamata olives, I knew we had found a winner. I also knew we would be back the next night and would do this all over again.

My wife and I seldom split a dish but their Insalada Verde was both huge and excellent, so we did. She did penne pasta with carponata, arugula and ricotta salata and like me, stayed with it two nights in a row.

This is really a fun restaurant. The service is exceptional as is the atmosphere. This was the highlight of our two night stay in Snowmass. One can only imagine how difficult it would be to get in this restaurant during the winter sky season!