“Great chef and great service!”
Review of Snowmass Kitchen

Snowmass Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indiana
“Great chef and great service!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We do not typically eat in hotel restaurants, but we were hiking a lot of miles every day and it was just too convenient. Plus, the menu looked really good. Well, we ended up eating every meal at Snowmass Kitchen during our 4-night stay. James and Brad were excellent waiters--super-attentive and friendly. And Brad had tons of helpful information about hiking trails. And the food was truly exceptional. The tagliatelle with mushrooms was out of this world (I almost never get pasta out since I make so much of it at home, but I had read that pasta is good for acclimating to the altitude)--the pasta was cooked to perfection. My husband got the apple cider-marinated pork chop, which was to die for. The most tender, juicy, flavorful pork chop of all time (I got it for dinner the next two nights). Yes, we are creatures of habit, but the variety and creativity of the food was amazing. (Hope you get to go during Palisade Peach season--there was a really great appetizer with house made ricotta, peach pie, and a mille feuille with pistachio pesto--yummmmm). Oh yeah, great salad with radish, beets, goat cheese, champagne vinaigrette. In short, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. (Yes, the breakfast IS pricey, but it was all very good, and the portions are very generous, and free refills on orange juice).

Colorado Rockies
“Nice but pricey breakfast”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a late breakfast and heard the Eggs Benedict were wonderful with nice window views. (After a lousy experience with Eggs Benedict at another restaurant a couple days before, looked forward to them.) They were in fact great and I was able to get with spinach. But, very pricey at $17. Another person at my table was happy to get gluten free bread with their breakfast and very much enjoyed theirs. Service WAS good and our waiter very enjoyable, but far too slow and inattentive considering there were 2 waiters and very few customers. Thankfully, we were in no hurry and having a leisurely breakfast. It was expensive however, but we were on a special occasion and that day, it was worth it.

The only really bad part of this meal was some jerk "Platinum" customer who complained loudly about having to wait 30 minutes, when in fact, they'd come in long after us and we'd only been there 30 min., then refusing to pay his ticket, asking for the manager, yadda, yadda. My hubby thankfully put him in his place, to which another customer thanked him later and said guys like that give East Coast (you could tell by his accent) people a bad name. We all really felt bad for the guys female companion and wondered if he abused her as much as he abused the wait staff.

Snowmass Village, Colorado
“Great view! Great Service!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

James, the server, was so helpful today at lunch -- answering all our questions (even about the area), getting us those little extras, he even brought the dog a bowl of water without asking! We had a perfectly relaxing lunch.

“We are out of pecans”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We sat for a long while before they brought us coffee and water. Breakfast was supposed to be Oatmeal with dried fruits and toasted pecans....well, "We are out of pecans!" Really! My husband had eggs benedict and said they were just average. The staff seemed confused as to who was waiting on our table. Just sort of an expensive breakfast with little or no attention to detail.

• Visited July 2013
Santa Monica, California
“Save your money”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were staying at the Westin so thought it made sense to have dinner here at the Snowmass Kitchen. I gave it two stars because half of our food was decent, the rest was terrible. The whole experience was very poor. We had a rese for 8pm. We were seated right away and had water. No server came back for 15 minutes. Finally I asked if we had a server, I saw two guys arguing, apparently our table was not assigned to anyone and the one who had to take care of us had to stay later. The guy came over to us and was super smug and annoyed, sorry it wasn't our fault that they hadn't included our table in the nights planning. We got our food and the elk meatballs were great, and the salad and soup were also good. My pasta was really rich, but I guess I should have expected that since it was cooked with goat cheese, it tasted good but was a bit much. My husbands' steak was totally undercooked, of course we had to track someone down to ask to have it cooked more because he never came back to ask how our meal was. Dessert of choc cake was good. Overall a bad experience, we shouldn't have had to spend nearly 200- on a dinner and be made to feel guilty for coming.

• Visited March 2013