“Nice but pricey breakfast”
Review of Snowmass Kitchen

Snowmass Kitchen
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a late breakfast and heard the Eggs Benedict were wonderful with nice window views. (After a lousy experience with Eggs Benedict at another restaurant a couple days before, looked forward to them.) They were in fact great and I was able to get with spinach. But, very pricey at $17. Another person at my table was happy to get gluten free bread with their breakfast and very much enjoyed theirs. Service WAS good and our waiter very enjoyable, but far too slow and inattentive considering there were 2 waiters and very few customers. Thankfully, we were in no hurry and having a leisurely breakfast. It was expensive however, but we were on a special occasion and that day, it was worth it.

The only really bad part of this meal was some jerk "Platinum" customer who complained loudly about having to wait 30 minutes, when in fact, they'd come in long after us and we'd only been there 30 min., then refusing to pay his ticket, asking for the manager, yadda, yadda. My hubby thankfully put him in his place, to which another customer thanked him later and said guys like that give East Coast (you could tell by his accent) people a bad name. We all really felt bad for the guys female companion and wondered if he abused her as much as he abused the wait staff.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

James, the server, was so helpful today at lunch -- answering all our questions (even about the area), getting us those little extras, he even brought the dog a bowl of water without asking! We had a perfectly relaxing lunch.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We sat for a long while before they brought us coffee and water. Breakfast was supposed to be Oatmeal with dried fruits and toasted pecans....well, "We are out of pecans!" Really! My husband had eggs benedict and said they were just average. The staff seemed confused as to who was waiting on our table. Just sort of an expensive breakfast with little or no attention to detail.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were staying at the Westin so thought it made sense to have dinner here at the Snowmass Kitchen. I gave it two stars because half of our food was decent, the rest was terrible. The whole experience was very poor. We had a rese for 8pm. We were seated right away and had water. No server came back for 15 minutes. Finally I asked if we had a server, I saw two guys arguing, apparently our table was not assigned to anyone and the one who had to take care of us had to stay later. The guy came over to us and was super smug and annoyed, sorry it wasn't our fault that they hadn't included our table in the nights planning. We got our food and the elk meatballs were great, and the salad and soup were also good. My pasta was really rich, but I guess I should have expected that since it was cooked with goat cheese, it tasted good but was a bit much. My husbands' steak was totally undercooked, of course we had to track someone down to ask to have it cooked more because he never came back to ask how our meal was. Dessert of choc cake was good. Overall a bad experience, we shouldn't have had to spend nearly 200- on a dinner and be made to feel guilty for coming.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our dinner this evening at the Snowmass Kitchen was a highlight of our stay in Aspen/Snowmass. The food was amazing, and the service was spot on! The seabass was delicous and you should definetly try the elk meatballs. The mussels in coconut, lemongrass, sake broth are the best I've ever tasted!! This new restaurant is located in the newly remodeled Westin Hotel in Snowmass Village and the decor is stunning. Highly recommend including this in your next visit to Aspen/Snowmass.