“something for everyone - can't wait to go back”
Review of Aspen Snowmass

Aspen Snowmass
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A favorite with families, this year-round Aspen resort means biking and hiking in the summer, and downhill and cross-country skiing in the winter.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Snowmass has something for all levels of skiers. The trail layout worked well. the conditions when i went were great. almost every staff member i encountered was very helpful and courteous. The on mountain food was very good and the price was decent. i was expecting to pay alot more for on mountain dining. The groomed trails were great. I skied here for two days. It seems like i could spend 4 to 5 days here without getting bored. I did go to Aspen and Aspen Highlands. The intermountain bus system is great to get to other mountains. Loved the mountain. it is a four hour drive from denver which could be longer in bad weather. do yourself a favor and fly into vail/Eagle and drive to Snowmass. the Aspen airport which is five minutes from Snowmass tends to be closed frequently due to bad weather.

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Everything was quite ok until an unfortunate mishap that got me stranded at a wrong level of gondola and my three kids at another level. The gondola was taken out of service suddenly for the rest of the day and the best they offered me hauling three pair of skis and a pair of ski boots was to jog to a bus 'around the corner'.

No apologies. No offers to help. No offers to store skis there, at the bottom. Nothing.

I really had to run with this heavy and unwieldy load worried sick about my kids at the other end.

When I called the management next morning I have been told it is my fault entirely since I failed to notice a sign with shortened service hours for gondola that day (if there even was one - I honestly did not see any so they might have forgotten to put it there for all I know).

Well, in my book, if you try to become the resort number one - you have to be careful about your customer service. If you do something unusual like closing early a vital line connecting two levels of the resort - you do not merely post a sign. You make sure every client sees it. You post bins for overnight storage at the bottom for those unfortunate few who relied on the service. And most if all - you apologize for the inconvenience and for any problems if you caused ones.

They never did - the lift manager called me blind instead and said he had nothing to apologize for. What a charming guy he was. To Aspen Management company: for your sake make sure he never talks to another client directly.

Visitors Beware! Check the times posted.

Best of all - take your money somewhere else like Deer Valley. They do know that good service implies walking the extra mile toward your clients.

-Anatoly Morosov

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed in Snowmass at the Westin for 2 weeks... and skiied the entire time at Snowmass. The mountain is great - it has lots of runs for the intermediate to advanced skiier - and we heard many times on the ski lifts that the amount of terrain at Snowmass alone was greater than the other 3 of the 4 mountains combined. We'll be back!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Snowmass is one of the best all around ski/snowboard vacations that my Family has ever taken together. They offer all levels of runs, Double Black, Black, Blue,Green and Bowls and you van visit 4 mountains on one pass Snowmass, Aspen, Buttermilk ( Winter X Games ) and Aspen Highlands. They have Ski/Snowboard schools and GREAT teachers as well as plenty of Fun for the kids on and off the slopes. Stay on the mountain of off it has great transportation to get you anywhere you want to go. Take Family & Friends they will LOVE it.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

this mountain is really about the green and blue runs but there is enough to keep the all black run skiers happy. A great mix to meet everyone's needs.