“All you can eat Breakfast”
Review of Eight K Restaurant - CLOSED

Eight K Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brushcreek Rd
Description: Eight K features High Mountain Cuisine with southern roots, in a sophisticated mountain setting. Acclaimed Executive Chef Will Nolan creates innovative comfort food at Eight K using fresh, locally-sourced and organic ingredients whenever possible. Around the restaurant fireplace, throughout the dining room, or in the private dining space, lively groups and romantic couples enjoy seasonal menus and classic mountain warmth at the Viceroy Snowmass Eight K Restaurant. Offering fine dining options for breakfast and dinner, the restaurant features a glimmering display kitchen at its center and a stunning 87-foot glass bar. Complimentary valet parking is available when you dine at Viceroy Snowmass.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I am solely reviewing Eight K based on the breakfast that I ate with my SO. They have a all you can eat option with just fruit or with the full breakfast bar. I had a specialty omelet with was cooked fresh in front of me and was delicious. The Fruit was perfect, every blueberry we tasted was sweet. Bacon and pancakes were very tasty as well.
The price was a bit higher for breakfast than we are used to but this was a special trip so we indulged in the luxuries of the hotel.

We sat in the lounge area near the gas fireplace. Was perfect for our morning coffee.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Let me start this review by saying that I worked as a waitress in college, therefore I write this from that perspective.

The worse adjective for any restaurant is inconsistent! We have stayed at the Viceroy for two years in a row now and have eaten at 8k roughly 7 times. We have yet to have the same experience twice.

We usually sit in the lounge area because we like the vibe and if we are meeting our family there it is sometimes a better option with kids.

This past week, while sitting at the table in the lounge closest to the hostess stand, trying to catch some Olympic coverage, we had to ask one of the two standing there checking their hair for split ends, to send someone over to help us. We had been sitting at a dirty table for 5 min as they ignored us.

The waitress that was sent over by the manager had such an attitude we were glad when it seemed that she passed us off to a coworker.

They seem to be understaffed. There is one bartender for the entire place!?! So he deals with bar/lounge and the main dining area so you can't find fault in the, slower than should be, bar service.

Now comes the bad part. The menu is, whatever to me. Sometimes it feels like they are trying too hard. What they need to concentrate on is being more consistent. Like other reviewers have mentioned, you are not always presented every menu option. You may or not be given the bar appetizer menu? So be sure to ask?

I won't bore anyone with the nuances of what was ordered and consumed but I will tell you that steak was never cooked the way it was ordered but after a long day of skiing you just eat and go on.

2  Thank Elizabethrap
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Sadly, after so looking forward to our evening here, it was a disappointment. Food was average, service terrible. Our waiter was bored, not attentive and snippy. Expected so much more.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Dined with friends for my husband's special birthday. Eight K salad, duck confit and foie gras, petite filet, porterhouse, and red snapper were all terrific and the service excellent.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Eight K is definitely the best food option in Snowmass. The restaurant is located in the Viceroy hotel. It's a beautiful setting, has a creative menu with lots of healthy options, seafood, a raw bar, ad offers great service, food presentation and a terrific meal.

1  Thank brysal