“Excellent lobster/salmon. Service mediocre”
Review of Eight K Restaurant - CLOSED

Eight K Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brushcreek Rd
Description: Eight K features High Mountain Cuisine with southern roots, in a sophisticated mountain setting. Acclaimed Executive Chef Will Nolan creates innovative comfort food at Eight K using fresh, locally-sourced and organic ingredients whenever possible. Around the restaurant fireplace, throughout the dining room, or in the private dining space, lively groups and romantic couples enjoy seasonal menus and classic mountain warmth at the Viceroy Snowmass Eight K Restaurant. Offering fine dining options for breakfast and dinner, the restaurant features a glimmering display kitchen at its center and a stunning 87-foot glass bar. Complimentary valet parking is available when you dine at Viceroy Snowmass.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I would have made this a 5 star all day long for the food alone! Yummy. French fries...I never eat these, but they were so delicious I stole my friend's entire plate.
The service ranged from expected to terrible.
We had a large table of people and had a horrible waiter.
He was standing and telling us the special ( which was delicious) and when I asked him again what it was, he said " did you not listen the first time?"
What?!? I found myself apologizing for asking!
The next morning at breakfast, I was told by server that I could not have potatoes without onions unless I wanted to pick them out myself!
Overall, awesome food, need new servers!!! Please do yourself a favor restaurant, get it together. You have obviously worked hard to get a great chef! Don't let the servers ruin your reputation.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Beautiful, creative food! The regular menu is outstanding, and the chef will whip something up to give a vegan the same gourmet experience! Appetizer tower of oven dried tomato, avocado, roasted lentil sprouts, pine nuts and citrus vinaigrette followed by an entree of oyster and enoki mushrooms on fregola round pasta, with basil/balsamic sauce. I eat here every time I'm in town. Beautiful venue, good wine list and great service, too!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Food is pricey, but the restaurant is at the Viceroy. Awesome service & awesome food. I could eat at this place everyday!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Food was excellent, good wine list and service was great. We had a server named Wendy Wang - she was very helpful and friendly, made us feel right at home.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Excellent dining experience. The food was prepared perfectly. The sous chef must be commended. We had the red snapper and being from sought Florida and getting to eat fresh snapper any time we want, then fish was prepared perfectly with the crispy skin on, a moist and flavorful and the sauce was understated and not overbearing. The rib eye steak was prepared perfectly as well. The steak looked more like a filet mignon, no fat on the rib eye and tasted like a soft sirloin. The restaurant was uber-chic and modern . Something you will find in south beach or at a W hotel. As far as some of the other reviews, it appears that a couple from Phoenix had a bad experience because desserts were not available and then both of them childishly decided to write bad reviews out of spite. This brought down the restaurant ranking considerably which is one of the problems with the trip advisor rankings. The prices are consistent with other high priced restaurants. The only negative was the limited menu.