“Viceroy Snowmass is a must! The finest hotel and staff I have ever experienced!”
Review of Viceroy Snowmass

Viceroy Snowmass
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I would like to start by letting you know that I travel all over the United States for business and pleasure. I have stayed at the finest hotels and resorts in the country that have every amenity imaginable, including personal butlers assigned to each guest. The experience I had at the Viceroy Snowmass was so great that I feel compelled to share it with everyone!!!

Everything about the Viceroy is top notch, however he main thing I would like you to know is that what made this one of the best experiences we have ever had, was the amazing staff! Plain and simple they were the warmest, sincerest, down to earth and most helpful staff we have encountered. They went out of their way to make us feel like we were right at home. Anything we needed, they were right there for us on a personal level. Now owning multiple business myself and being in sales, one might say “it is their “Job” to do this”, however I can tell you that they truly were sincere and individually put themselves out for anything we needed. My wife and I even had the displeasure of witnessing multiple staff members deal with the most abominable and ignorant discrimination from a guest and his wife. The front desk staff and lastly their manger handled this with the most dignity and grace we have ever seen. If it was me, I most likely would have reached across the front desk in a not so pleasant way.

The Viceroy Snowmass is nestled slope side in the mountains of a beautiful town called Snowmass, just 15 minutes or so from Aspen. The hotel’s ambience, rooms, spa, pool area, restaurants and everything else is absolutely beautiful. If you go on line you can see the pictures and they are as beautiful, if not more than what you will see. We had a one bedroom room facing the ski slope with a full kitchen, washer, dryer flat panel televisions etc. The room was spacious and the beds were extra comfortable. This resort is really perfect for individuals, couples and families of any size any time of the year.

Whether you want to be in the mountains covered with white snow or in the beautiful outdoors during the Summer, this is the place to be. Regardless of when you go there, you can count on the fact that the staff will go out of their way and then some for you. They will make sure you have whatever you need and the type of experience you are looking for. I hope you get to experience the incredible people and accommodations of the Viceroy Snowmass!!

1  Thank experiencedtravelerI
Cschisler, Director of Guest Services at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2010

I truly appreciate you amazing review. Your compliments are really taken to heart by our entire team and are a great encouragement. Thank you for letting others know about our resort and the town of Snowmass Village. We will surely welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

This is a beautiful property, with very nice rooms as you should expect for the price. The thing that stood out for my wife and I was the quality of the staff. The people at the restaurants, front desk, and valet were all very fast and very courteous. When my wife had a problem with the binding on her ski, their shop fixed it in 5 minutes and had us back out on the slope. The other thing that was nice is the ski lift outside the hotel takes you directly to a spot where you can get on the gondola, so its very very convenient. This was the first time I stayed at a luxury hotel like this before, so maybe these things are just standard for this price range. But I'm not sure what they could have done better.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

I am so glad you had such a great experience with us. Our team is very passionate about providing that high level or service while still being warm and welcoming. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

This place is incredible! Every aspect was incredible, even the burger I had for lunch was one of the best I had ever tasted. The location is perfect, a lift goes right over the heated outdoor pool and jacuzzis.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Cschisler, Director of Guest Services at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2010

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. That burger isn’t going anywhere on the menu – It’s one of the best in the area. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2010

I have been to a lot of nice hotels around the globe and this was a top weekend. All of the staff were incredibly helpful and the amenities were great. My friends got engaged over the weekend and the staff brought us complimentary Champagne and desserts. They drove us anywhere within the city (which we never waited for a car) and gave us recommendations on places to go out. In the winter there is a free bus system between Snowmass and aspen so you can ski on ski off in Snowmass or take the bus to aspen. They check your skis for free and when I visited there were complimentary 20 minute massages. Overall Amazing weekend!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Cschisler, Director of Guest Services at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2010

We truly love to make our guests’ special occasions memorable. I am happy to hear of your great stay with us. Our complimentary shuttle within Snowmass really makes getting around our community very easy. And the public transportation to Aspen is so efficient as well. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2010

Probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, the room was absolutely amazing! Right next to a lift, so it was super easy to get on the mountain. Great service, great food, great everything.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with everybody. We will surely see you on your next trip back to Aspen/Snowmass.

Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at the Viceroy for a business school conference and we received first class service. The staff was friendly and helpful and the ski valet made it easy for us to get first tracks on the fresh powder. The hotel is beautiful and has a great pool/hot tub and apres bar. The food is great and we had an amazing experience. I've been skiing in Colorado my entire life and this was the nicest hotel set-up I've had the luxury of experienceing. Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review. Your group was a pleasure to have stay with us. I am glad everybody had such a great time. You will definitely need to come up on your next free weekend before the end of this season.

Reviewed January 25, 2010

From the moment I arrived in the roundabout out front, I was treated like royalty! The staff from the front desk to maintenance were all extremely gracious and helpful. The room was one of the most beautiful I have experience, and the ski valet and pool area were the icing on the cake!

• Stayed: January 2010

It is really encouraging to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to having you with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
The Westin Snowmass Resort
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#6 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Crestwood Condominiums
#3 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Limelight Hotel
Aspen Meadows Resort

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!