“Beautiful hotel/suite”

Viceroy Snowmass
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed 1 night at this hotel when cruising through Colorado with our car club. We travel frequently and this hotel was one of the nicer ones we have ever stayed in. Our suite was very impressive. It was very large with a large bathroom, high-end amenities and balcony with a beautiful view. When we arrived, we each received a nice little surprise, a Viceroy water bottle. The hotel location was perfect and the staff/service was superb. I would highly recommend this hotel. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony/view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay here at the Viceroy Snowmass. We are very pleased to hear that you were able to visit the area on your car tour of Colorado! Thank you for recommending us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

All the Best,

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. We had a one bedroom suite, and the room was beautiful. We loved the livingroom/bedroom fireplace. The hotel room has just about everything you could need for a stay. The pool area was nice. The restaurants at the hotel are not bad.

The biggest knock on the hotel is the hidden costs. They have a $15 per night resort fee and another $15 per day parking fee. On top of the parking fee, it is valet only, so you are stuck tipping as well.

Overall, it is a very nice hotel though.

1  Thank Jacob T
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Happy anniversary! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for spending such a special occasion with us here at the Viceroy. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your well appointed suite as well as our other property amenities. We hope to welcome you back for many more celebrations to come.

All the best,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We only stayed a night, but after seeing the area and obviously Aspen, we would have liked to stay longer. The Room was great. Loved the kitchen area, high ceilings, fire-place, huge windows, chic furniture, very comfortable bed, huge bathroom, and big bathtub. Two tiny things - the tub made weird loud draining noises and the common room TV would come back on, on it's own. The espresso machine was a nice touch, although bad for my caffeine addiction. haha

Room Tip: Probably would like a room next time on the back side of the hotel, although the view on the front t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Although it was far too short, we are very pleased that you were able to experience the Aspen/Snowmass area and specifically the Viceroy. We hope to welcome you back to the area for a longer stay very soon!

Best,

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel itself was great. Very nice with a great location and nice amenities. My wife and I checked in late Thursday for a honeymoon weekend. We were greeted by a friendly girl at the counter who took note that it was our honeymoon. The next night she sent up complimentary wine and strawberries. That is where the friendly service ended. The male hotel desk staff and most of all, the door men, were very unfriendly. They never greeted us when we returned or smiled. They seemed to have very pretentious attitudes for being valets and doormen. They also seemed to only focus on older staff. Tip though, especially since the valet were so unfriendly, park across the street in the garage for free during the summer. Avoid having to pay valets! Other than the staff, we really enjoyed the hotel. They just need to work on their hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Wyo2014

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel location and amenities and that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. I would like to apologize for the perception that our front office and valet staff were cold and uninviting. This is not a perception we would like you to remember and would greatly like the opportunity to welcome you back to change this.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Pretty much everything you'd look for in a mountain resort. Nice-sized room, amenities, service, attitude, bed, no noise, balcony, view. Well-outfitted mini-kitchen with full refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, and kitchenware. Large bathroom. Helpful front-desk service. Ultimately, everything to keep you comfortable and satisfied for a long weekend.

My only disappointments stemmed from apparently a lame plumbing job all around:
- both bathroom sinks did not drain well
- shower also drained slowly (can't stand standing in water while showering).
- the bathroom faucets look nice, but their high position means that they splash all over the counter any time you use them. Silly choice.
- nice big shower spigot but the water pressure was fairly disappointing

I'd absolutely stay again if the two drainage issues were resolved. (I wasn't sure if the sink drains were poorly designed or if they just needed to be snaked. The shower just seemed like it needed a better design--the trap was in the corner, and there just didn't seem like enough slope.)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experiences here at the Viceroy Snowmass. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our resort has to offer. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and perhaps change your perception of our plumbing.

All the best,

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My first visit to Snowmass and my first experience at a Viceroy Hotel and Resort - and I was not disappointed by either! I visited in March and the snow was spectacular, the resort was warm and welcoming and the staff was efficient. I enjoyed the array of beverages always available in the lobby.....and I found the lounges and restaurants appealing to a wide variety of tastes and price points. I had a lovely studio room, complete with charming fireplace, incredibly comfort bedding and a lovely kitchen area. The ski concierge was outstanding - SO HELPFUL! The only thing I would mention that did not seem to "match" the luxury of the rest of the resort was the Fitness Center, however, I imagine most people in that environment are going to do their exercise outside, so that is understandable. It was a lovely experience, indeed!

Room Tip: My room was directly facing the chair lift, which was not only convenient, but also provided hours o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alpharita A

Welcome to the area and to the Viceroy Snowmass, we are so happy to hear that your first Viceroy experience was here at our resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience to fellow travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Viceroy very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was our first visit to Snowmass and our first experience staying at a Viceroy hotel. Upon checkin we were given a room upgrade to a one bedroom suite which was stunning.

The room was luxurious and spacious and had great views. The bed was really comfortable and despite our room being located near the lifts, there was minimal noise.

The valet staff and front desk staff were very friendly and provided great service.

The biggest disappointment and one which would stop us from staying at this hotel again is the service at the bar, both restaurants and room service. On our first night we went to the bar for some drinks and asked for a drinks menu. The bar man was really disinterested in us and only provided us with a small cocktail menu. When I asked him what wines and champagnes the bar stocked, he appeared annoyed at having to stop using his phone to talk to us.

We decided to dine at the 8k restaurant and stood for some time waiting to be seated. Once seated we asked the waitress for some drinks whilst we decided what to order. Despite asking on four separate occasions, it took 40 minutes for our drinks to arrive. From our location we could see that there was no one waiting to be served at the bar and the bar man was chatting to some local guests. The waitress ignored us and appeared to focus her attention solely upon larger tables. Eventually our order was taken and I asked for the accompanying sauce to be served in the side. When our meal arrived, my request had been ignored and I had to send my plate back as I was unable to eat my food. A different waitress took my plate and was visibly annoyed at having to do so. My husband had to eat his meal whilst I waited for my food to be prepared correctly. Once we had finished our entrees we were offered a free dessert by our waitress which we declined as we couldn't be bothered to wait around. We asked for the bill which was provided but we couldn't sign for it as no one had been provided. After waiting 20 minutes, my husband got up and asked someone for a pen. We were both disappointed that our food & drinks bill had not been discounted given the complete farce!

I am aware that there were three other functions happening on this night, but the service was appalling. I'm not sure if it was because we weren't locals and from England, or if it was because we were a couple of both! Being English we are used to poor service, but this was ridiculous.

The next day for breakfast we went to the Nest Public house. On arrival we were greeted by a stressed greeter who informed us that the only available tables were outside. We were not informed if we could wait for an inside table or how long we would have to wait. Outside it was very cold and windy. The female greeter informed us that she would arrange for us to have so e coffee. However after waiting 25 minutes, we asked a waiter how long this dining process would take and explained the diabolical service we had received the previous evening. The waiter, Brian informed us that he would take care of us, which he did. I am so grateful to Brian as without him, we would have walked out of the restaurant as other tables who had been waiting for food before us, were still waiting!

I'm not sure if the bad service was as a result of low staff levels due to being out of season, other functions going on within the hotel, lack of management or a combination of everything. I would definitely not recommend dining within the hotel as it was very stressful. It is such a shame as the hotel is otherwise amazing and the service received from other areas of the hotel was amazing, including our room upgrade and late check out.

2  Thank Zie2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback on your recent visit with us. I apologize that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations as we strive to create the most positive experiences possible. It is only through such input that we can continue to improve so as to ensure the ongoing satisfaction for our guests.
Clearly there were some very basic issues that we fell short on during this visit. I am unhappy with the experience we have created for you and wish to create some way forward to erase these and develop more appropriate memories.
I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally to discuss our shortfalls and glean your perspective on our process improvement. If you would be so kind as to give me your contact number and an appropriate time, it would be my pleasure to call you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
The Westin Snowmass Resort
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#6 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Crestwood Condominiums
#3 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Limelight Hotel
Aspen Meadows Resort

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!