Viceroy Snowmass
The Westin Snowmass Resort(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
$179
Westin.com
  • Pool
Pokolodi Lodge(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel(Snowmass Village)(Great Value!)
$106
$99
Wildwood Snowmass(Snowmass Village)
$121
$103
  • Restaurant
The Crestwood Condominiums(Snowmass Village)
TripAdvisor
Snowmass Mountain Chalet(Snowmass Village)
Shadowbrook Condominiums(Snowmass Village)
Agoda.com
Snowmass Inn(Snowmass Village)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsski valetbedroom suitenespresso machinesoaking tubvalet staffglass wallmini kitchenfour seasonsmountain sportsbeautiful hotelturn down servicecar servicerestaurant staffassay hillwasher dryerski shopaspen area
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Like all other viceroys the service is great, the rooms are perfect, but the price is definetly elevated.... Keep in mind I went in the middle of high season. I would definetly recomend this place to anyone willing to throw down some dollars

Room Tip: ask for room with view of mountains
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kopec123
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your review, we are excited to hear that you have experienced other Viceroy properties in our portfolio as well! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

You can't beat the Viceroy for location and the ski-in/ski-out services. Walk downstairs in your slippers and hand them to the boot valet who will then help you on with your boots, dried overnight in their racks. Walk out and the ski-valet puts your skis in place on the snow and hands you your poles. Outstanding. The free shuttle service within Snowmass can't be beat and the staff are super friendly, assuming of course they understand you and vice versa. We had several issues with the maid service not being able to understand our request for scheduling room servicing and this went on for several days, even after speaking with the front desk. The restaurant and bar seem to be understaffed because one night it took us 30 minutes to get served a drink and dinner took nearly 3 hours. I like a relaxed dinner but 3 hours is way too long, even in Europe and this is not Europe. Finally, my biggest complaint is breakfast. I was told that there were limited menu choices but never shown a menu and strongly urged to get the buffet, which has "everything". Granted, the buffet did have everything but $28 plus an automatic 18% gratuity for ONE PERSON is ridiculous. More and more hotels are going the buffet route and charging an arm and a leg. The Viceroy is no different. Food is good, but the price is not worth it. For $28 I should get champagne.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a two-person room, ask for the upper floor of a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 81Buckeye

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed many of the amenities we have to offer here at the hotel including our local transportation, valet team and slope side ski valet services. We trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to redeem your experience in our housekeeping services and overall restaurant experience.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

You could not ask for better option for skiing convenience. But service keeps this place from excelling as a property.

We stayed in a one bedroom that is well furnished. State of the art appliances, Nespresso machine in rooms, washer and dryer are nice to freshen up your ski clothes.

But this is were it starts to go downhill! Service is terrible. Room service is slow and too many employees who stand around.

Ski valet on the 3rd floor is a great amenity but employees are often standing around talking to each other and not helping guest. On my recent stay, after waiting 15 min or so for my skis ( for whatever reason they cancelled my rental contract without my knowledge ) I walk back into valet room only to find that NO ONE was looking for my skis. Guess they had a lot of gossip to catch up on? I located my own skis then they would not let me take them saying that they need to tech them??? I skied on the same skis the day before? But it gets worse!
I over hear two male employees talking about me as I put on my equipment to ski.... Not cool!

A guest should never catch an employee talking about them! I did make sure both guys knew I had heard what they said. Neither one took responsibility... The youth of today just don't get it!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Elizabethrap

Thank you for the recent feedback you have provided regarding your last stay, I apologize that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations as we strive to create the most positive experiences possible. It is only through such input that we can continue to improve so as to ensure the ongoing satisfaction for our guests.
Clearly there were some very basic issues that we fell short on during this visit. I am unhappy with the experience we have created for you and wish to create some way forward to erase these and develop more appropriate memories. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss further.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My family loved the Viceroy. Food was excellent both in the dining room and room service. Staff was friendly and very helpful. It is a few minutes from Snowmass Msll, but it was never an issue. There was a driver within a few minutes to take us there. We didn't have time to use the spa, but will on our next visit. We will return for sure.

Room Tip: We were in the second floor- lobby is on 4, but it was fine. We still had a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We are delighted to hear that your family enjoyed the Viceroy and your entire experience while staying with us this February! Thank you for taking the time to write about the excellent food in Eight K and in room dinning. We hope to welcome you back to the Viceroy very soon to experience our award winning spa!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I love to ski. For the past 25 years we have always spent a week during late February or early March at one of the Colorado ski resorts. Snowmass, near Aspen, has been our favorite. We generally rent a condo at one of the larger complexes such as The Enclave, Chamonix or Woodrun Place. The individual units are always attractive, well kept, roomy and nicely decorated by their owners.

This year was different. We had an opportunity to attend a meeting in Snowmass in early February and spend our free time skiing. We jumped at the chance. The meeting headquarters was the Viceroy Hotel and all of the lectures and social events were located there. We rented a 2 bedroom unit which we shared with friends who were also attending the meeting. Everything is expensive in Snowmass/Aspen, so the steep daily rate of $595.00 (special conference rate) did not surprise us. We had expected a suite with nice bedrooms, a spacious living room where we could congregate and an equipped kitchen where we could prepare breakfast and light meals when we did not want to go out to eat.

The Viceroy met some of our expectations. We were disappointed with regard to others.

Pros:
1. Convenient. Great location with easy access to base village and Snowmass mall. Ski in/ski out.
2. Helpful and friendly staff.
3. Shuttle to airport and to locations in Snowmass.
4. Hotel is clean and well kept.

Cons:
1. Suites are small. In ours, one bedroom was small and the second bedroom was tiny. The living room was too small for 4 people to comfortably relax at the same time. Kitchen space was also inadequate and poorly equipped. There was very limited storage space, something which is essential for skiers. Decorations were not attractive. The entire suite was dark and not friendly. I guess That "sterile" would be a good term to describe it.
2. Price gouging. A daily $30 charge was added for resort services, many of which we did not use. $25/day for parking. My wife scheduled a 1 hour no frills massage: $165 plus a mandatory 20% tip ($198 total).
3. Expensive restaurant with mediocre food and slow service.

We enjoyed many aspects of our stay but not others. The overall experience was good but we expected much better. Consider other possible places to stay before making your reservation at the Viceroy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DoctorPaul
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback on your recent visit with us. It is only through such input that we can continue to improve so as to ensure the ongoing satisfaction for our guests. Clearly there were some very basic issues that we fell short on during this visit. I am unhappy with the experience we have created for you and wish to create some way forward to erase these and develop more appropriate memories. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest conscience to discuss further.

Regional Vice President & General Manager