“Luxury with everything”

Viceroy Snowmass
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Luxury hotel with modern flair in heart of ski area close to Aspen. Lobby and restaurants have clean modern appealing decor. Fitness area is nice. Pool area has outdoor heated pool (around 90 degrees - so warm) and 2 hot jacuzzis and outdoor grill on pool level and poolside waiter service. There are deckchairs and cabanas.There is also a cafe on the pool level and a more formal dining room on the lobby level.We didn't dine at the restaurant as our King studio room had a modern well equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery, and cooking equipment - even detergent and teatowel.
The hotel is close to gondolas, upper village shops and lower shops. Restaurants, gas and supermarket all within short walk, although valet staff will drive you as part of Viceroy's service and there is also a free shuttle bus around the village. Supermarket has fresh fish, meats, fruit & vegetables, dry goods, dairy, fresh bakery etc and even cooked chickens all at normal prices. Valet parking is available (Summer rate $15 daily) and there is a resort fee of $15 a day which includes a welcome gift of a waterbottle.
Our room was lovely and comfortable with all modern features; fireplace with large flat screen tv above it. Doona. The only thing I personally didn't like was the ultra modern bathroom that wasn't a sealed bathroom, but was separated from the bed area by a large glass panel with a roll down block out blind for privacy. The shower was enormous and there was a large modern bath in the room.There was a wooden sliding door separating the kitchen area from the bathroom (look at the photos of the bathrooms).
A lovely hotel in a great location. The airport is about half way between Snowmass and Aspen.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and including so many details about your room amenities, information about Snowmass Village and property perks. We are so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I actually stayed at the Viceroy March 23-29, 2013. Fortunately, the snowy winter made for some great skiing, even at the end of March. All I can say is that we had the time of our lives and the Viceroy exceeded all expectations. The suite itself was immaculate, with a nice kitchen and living room area. While the bedroom was a bit small with the king bed in there, the bathroom more than made up for that. The kitchen had pots, pans, silverware, etc., so you could cook your own meals, which we did frequently. They offer free rides to take you anywhere in Snowmass Village, plus the bus depot is right across the street if you want to venture out to Aspen, Buttermilk, etc. (those buses are also free, and have a carriage for your skis). There is also a shuttle that runs to base camp, where the Village Express ski lift is. Best of all, this is a ski-in-ski-out resort, so right out your window is the Assay Hill lift, which takes you up to the Elk Camp gondola. So, you really have access to the two main "backbones" of Snowmass Mountain at your fingertips.

My wife and I were both novice skiiers and were a bit apprehensive about coming to Colorado to learn, but I wouldn't have it any other way in retrospect. Snowmass Mountain has something for everyone. And their ski school is world class. I was doing blue (intermediate) trails by the end of the week, despite only having skiied once in my entire life. The Viceroy made life easier, too, with their ski valet and ski shop right there by the slope. The hotel staff were all extremely courteous and responsive to every need or want.

If you want a spacious, clean suite and easy access to the slopes, I would highly recommend the Viceroy Snowmass.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pgeiger2000

It brings me great pride and joy to read about the experience you had here at the Viceroy Snowmass as well as in Snowmass Village and on Snowmass Mountain for your ski trip in March! I couldn't be happier to learn that my team here has far exceeded your expectations and created a memory that will last a lifetime for you and your wife. We trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back this winter for another unforgettable stay.

All the Best,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

After some strenuous hiking, we were looking for a relaxing place to stay. Viceroy was the perfect spot, we had an excellent experience. The staff was friendly and valet was prompt. We received a welcome gift upon arrival. Rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. We loved the espresso machine in the room and the fireplace was also nice touch to our relaxing stay. Location was next to some ski lifts, though we were there in the summer, and we had nice views from the room. I'd definitely choose Viceroy again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bethany S

We are excited to hear that you would choose the Viceroy for your next stay; we would be honored to welcome you back for another trip here in Snowmass. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review to share your insight with fellow travelers alike.

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice big hotel in Snowmass... just at the bottom of the lifts .... perfect choice !
Nice swimming pool and jacuzzi...
Very large room, saloon, kitchen ... everything perfect.
People friendly anf helpul.
Don't miss it !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank parakaloChamonix

Thank you for your recent review and kind words about our property and location! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful amenities offered here at the Viceroy Snowmass. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best,

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent a week at the Viceroy at Snowmass on January 2013 with my family and everything was perfect! The One Bedroom Plus Den suite is awesome, with 2 bathrooms and a full equiped kitchen and a perfect view of the slopes! I strongly recommend this hotel, despite of the high cost of the rates;

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Claudiogood

Thank you for your lovely review in reference to your stay with us this last January. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at the Viceroy Snowmass and that you were able to enjoy a ski trip out here in beautiful Snowmass, Colorado.

Best,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was at this hotel for 5 nights for a summer conference. It was a great place overall. Unfortunately they messed up my booking and told us there was a kitchen in our room, but there was not stovetop. We were moved after the first day, but not without a bit of prodding from me. Apparently there is no stovetop in the queen/queen studios. The other, very friendly staff at the hotel didn't know about this, so don't expect the booking people to be aware of this.

The food was AMAZING at both restaurants. 8k edamame are amazing and the food at nest (esp. the Banh Mi and Kalbi tacos) was great too. It's not right in the village at Snowmass but this isn't a problem. You take 2 busses to Aspen (free) or their valet will take you anywhere in Aspen for $55, which is ok if there are a group of you.

The pool is nice. I also had the most amazing spa treatment. It's a very pricey spa, but worthwhile.

I would stay here again, but would make sure I was either in a King studio or something larger so I had access to a stovetop. I was with a colleague so this wasn't possible this time. Because the hotel isn't quite in the village you're pretty much limited to eating at the hotel for breakfast and this can get expensive fast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vlagrl

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. I would like to apologize for the confusion surrounding the original room you were booked into but I am pleased to learn from your review that we were able to accommodate your room move request. It brings me great excitement to know how much you enjoyed your on-site dining experiences in EightK and Nest, thank you for the lovely praise of the menu items. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here during July. I would recommend a one bedroom suite. It has a full kitchen and living area had a vaulted ceiling with tons of light. Room was very modern and clean. Staff was very friendly. No good self park option though. We had to use the valet everyday. I just gave them a nice tip at the end of our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about you recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. It makes me very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our well appointed rooms and staff during your trip.

All the Best,

Snowmass Mountain Chalet
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#7 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
The Limelight Hotel
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
Aspen Meadows Resort

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!