“Beautiful place, wonderful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Viceroy Snowmass
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis
“Beautiful place, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We just returned from our 2nd stay at the Viceroy and were even more pleased than we were with our first...which was pretty spectacular in and of itself. The rooms, while not exactly sprawling, are certainly comfortable and the decor is top notch. The pool is one of the best aspects of the property, with super comfortable furnishings and cabanas and a chill vibe that is still family friendly. We've spent a number of years coming to the Aspen Valley and we think that 8k just might be the best restaurant around. It isn't cheap, but seriously over the top if you're a foodie.

All of that said, I think our favorite thing about the Viceroy is the staff. From the valets that greet you to the pool staff that meets your every need without hovering over you, the culture of the place is great. Of particular note, it's worth singling out Emily who manages 8k and Justin who anchors the bar with aplomb and true artistry as a mixologist. It's always a treat to see them.

Thanks for another great stay folks. Can't wait to see you again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am delighted to hear that your second trip back to visit us here at the Viceroy Snowmass far exceeded your expectations from your first stay! Thank you so much for taking the time to personally recognize some of our key colleagues involved in the operations of 8K, I couldn't be more proud of my team right now! We truly look forward to having you back as our guest very soon.

Regards,

Regional Vice President and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is newer and in great shape. My wife and I were upgraded to a suite when we arrived. The service was fantastic the entire time. My wife loved the Spa. The pool was very nice. We had a wonderful stay. I highly recommend the hotel. And, we look forward to our next visit to the Viceroy Snowmass.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon! Thank you for such a wonderful review regarding your last stay with us at the Viceroy Snowmass. I am very pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time here and have become ambassadors for us when recommending places to visit.

Warmest Regards,

Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel reminded me of many Westin hotel chains I have stayed in before. The doormen and restaurant staff as well as the housekeeping staff were exceptionally nice and kind. The front desk personell seemed more reserved and less personable which was fine. This is a very nice hotel. I think it would be very nice for a ski vacation. What dissapointed me the most was my poorly made Pina Colada which I ordered poolside. It seemed like a sloppy job, did not taste very well and was pure liquid with a few ice cubes. I asked why it did not have crushed/blended ice and I was told that they did not have a blender. Give me a break, a blender, seriously! Also the rooms seemed more narrow than usual hotels, which really takes away from the experience. Kind of like the cramped parking lot feeling.

Breakfast was very nice and the waiter was exceptional.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your recent stay with us at the Viceroy Snowmass. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your service and experience during breakfast in our signature restaurant, Eight K. I apologize that you were unhappy with your dining experience pool side. Although we do get some requests for blended drinks, we pride ourselves in our wide selection of hand crafted specialty cocktails. We trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Snowmass Village in the near future to experience ever revolving menus.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I visited the Viceroy in Snowmass over Christmas. From the time we got there, we knew it was going to be our best trip yet. I will give you a detailed look at our trip from last Christmas.

1. Rooms: The room was fantastic! Two separate rooms,one with a king bed and the other with a pull out couch. There was a large refrigerator with a stove to make breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The hotel even supplied forks, knives, etc. The bed was very comfy with a ton of pillows and very comfy sheets. Did I mention there was a fireplace in the room and a humidifier because of the altitude. The room had a nice balcony which isnt very useful during the winter because it is so cold there. Overall, the room was excellent!

2. Food: I will be honest, my family and I never sat down at 8k (the hotel restaurant) for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. For breakfast, we either cooked on the stove or ordered room service. For lunch, we found many different places around the ski resort to eat at. For dinner, we also found many places around Snowmass and Aspen to eat at. So, I cant give you a detailed review about the food, but from the looking at the menu it looks very pricey.

3. Skiing: The skiing in Snowmass was by far the highlight of our trip. The Ski Valet was right in the hotel and all the staff members were very helpful and nice. When you got down to the ski valet, they had your ski's ready so all you had to do was put your boots on and pop on your ski's right before you hit the slopes. The Snowmass ski area can accommodate any type of skier and there are hills for every type of skier. Buttermilk, Aspen, and Aspen Highlands all one a specifc type of terrain while Snowmass had all different types. My family and I however did go to Buttermilk one the days, Buttermilk is where the winter X games are held. Our ski's were transferred to Buttermilk by the ski valet and we didnt have any problems.

4. Overall Experience: Our trip to Snowmass is one my family and I will never forget. Everything was perfect and we had an amazing time.

5. Recommendations: If you have kids who have never skiied before, sign them up for a one day lesson, I signed my kids up for one and they were skiing blues by the end of our trip. A few places to eat are Lynn Britt Cabin which is a small, little restaurant right on the mountain. Other good restaurant include Venga Venga and the Artisan.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor since many celebrities stay at this hotel and stay on the higher...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write about your Christmas visit with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass! I couldn't be more proud of my team for creating such wonderful life-long memories for you and your family during your ski trip in Snowmass Village. We truly look forward to welcoming you back this coming winter for another memorable experience.

All the Best,

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Viceroy during our honeymoon. The room was excellent, very nice bed, good bathroom with nice tub. There was a fireplace in the room (not needed at this time of the year), a Nespresso machine, pantry with washing machine and dryer.

When the staff noticed that we were celebrating our honeymoon they surprised us with a nice bottle of champagne on the room. We are very thankful to the Viceroy team.

The breakfast was very good and service overall was outstanding.

Parking the car is only possible with a valet service. This was always quick and we were helped by very friendly staff.

The only small minor things we have to mention is that the shower had low water pressure which made it not very comfortable compared to what we are used of other hotels. The pool was very small and not cleaned (leaves and dirt were floating in the water), this could be better because we had to pay $15.00 per day for using the pool and hot tubs (obligatory).

Still this hotel is a very high recommendation.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
First of all, congratulations on your recent nuptials, what an exciting time for you both! Thank you for choosing to spend your honeymoon here at the Viceroy Snowmass and for taking the time to write about your recent experience. I trust that our team has created life-long memories for you and we will see you for many more anniversary celebrations.

Best,

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay! I went to the Viceroy recently and stayed in one of the three bedroom residences and was pleasently surprised. There is a reason it's number one in Snowmass. Stay here if you can!

In the summer, it seems very affordable. I called directly and got the "Colorado Resident" rate which was a steal.

On top of it being a nice, relatively affordable, hotel - the service was also excellent! I think this is what really sets the Viceroy Snowmass apart from other hotels!

Book, go and enjoy!

Extra tip: There is a bus system that runs between Aspen and Snowmass until 2:15 am and it's only about a 25 min ride, so it's still convenient even though its outside of the city!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I am thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great Colorado Resident local’s special during your last stay here with us at the Viceroy Snowmass! Thank you for sharing your comments about how much you enjoyed your stay and service to fellow travelers. We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon, perhaps a long weekend using our great local rates.

Warmest Regards,

Highlands Ranch, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This really was a 5 star hotel! Upscale rooms with high end kitchens (Viking appliances, Nespresso coffee makers) and comfortable beds! The pool perfect for the kids and adults! The staff could not have been nicer and more attentive!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay here with us at the Viceroy Snowmass. I am are truly grateful for your feedback and am delighted to hear that our team here has succeeded in creating life long memories for you and your family through our upscale offerings and attentive service! We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

All the Best,

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
The Limelight Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#7 of 13 in Snowmass Village

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!