“Reasonable, but not amazing”
Review of Viceroy Snowmass

Viceroy Snowmass
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 17, 2013

On the upside, the rooms are lovely and there were plenty of great touches. The downside was the service. During the busy holiday period we would come back to an unmade room after 4pm. The car was lost, then found and then lost again the following day. One night we waited 40 minutes for the car to surface from the garage. Room service still hadn't arrived an hour after ordering. A reservation at a restaurant was cancelled when we arrived because the hotel had told them we weren't staying at the premises. And although we did go to ski, and enjoyed the valet and ski in/out location, there really is nothing else to do in Snowmass when the mountain closes. Clearly that's a choice made when booking at Snowmass, you know there isn't a village to walk around in the evening like Vail, or Aspen. Also in the evening the small pool is crammed with kids and there isn't really a lobby to have a drink in, in fact there really isn't much of a lobby at all, so a post ski drink can be a bit of conundrum...

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback on your recent visit with us. I apologize that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations as we strive to create the most positive experiences possible. It is only through such input that we can continue to improve so as to ensure the ongoing satisfaction for our guests. I am unhappy with the experience we have created for you and wish to create some way forward to erase these and develop more appropriate memories. Please contact me directly to discuss how we may glean your perspective on our process improvement.

There are newer reviews for Viceroy Snowmass

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We liked this hotel very much. First we were given a room we didn't love but then we moved to a bigger room wich we really loved. Big and very comfortable. The whole viceroy experience was great. The rooms are like apartments but with everything a hotel has to offer. Great service. thanks Wes at the front desk.Ski in ski out at its best.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. I am so happy to hear that my team was able to accommodate a room move to make your stay more comfortable. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've been many times (more than 10) to Aspen/Snowmass and the Viceroy has been the best stay ever. Very conveniently placed a little away from base village still ski-in/ski-out. The apartments are large and have all utilities to make you feel home, but with all extra amenities a nice hotel can provide. Personnel is very polite and willing to help. The fireplace area is the place to see and be seen in Snowmass. Expensive, but worth for avoiding the very noisy and crowded condos in the area.

Room Tip: It does not matter what side of the hotel you choose the view is nice anyway, although rates are di...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

What a compliment to receive from someone who is so familiar with the area! Thank you very much for such a wonderful review, I am thrilled to learn that we have made such a lasting impression with you and your family during your recent stay. We can’t wait to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We came up to do a run in the mountains and found a room at the Viceroy. We were not familiar with this hotel chain, but we gave it a try. I'm so glad we did! It's a green hotel and they give you a water bottle when you check in. Everyone was so nice and helpful. The rooms are like a little condo. We had a kitchen, den and bedroom. I think this is easily one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. After staying at this hotel we only look for Viceroys when we travel now. I can't wait to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Welcome to the Viceroy Snowmass and the Viceroy Hotel Group! I am ecstatic to hear that your stay here with us in Snowmass has inspired you to explore our other amazing properties in our portfolio. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the mountains very soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me to the Viceroy Snowmass for my birthday weekend. The one bedroom room was perfect, with double-sided fire place and soaking tub. We ate at the in-house restaurant 8K which boasts and exciting and delicious menu. We were greeted by kind and polite people who are clearly pros in the hospitality business. We felt taken care of from arrival to departure. The ski valet is especially convenient and a true luxury. Make sure to have a glass of prosecco in the outside hot tub. Nothing could be better!

• Stayed: February 2013

Happy Birthday!! I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful birthday weekend while staying with us at the Viceroy Snowmass. I could not agree with you more about experiencing out slope side and pool side area, Nest, while relaxing in one of our hot tubs with some celebration bubbles! Perhaps we can become part of your annual birthday celebration! We look forward to welcoming in another year with you shortly.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms beautiful, clean & well serviced. Ski valet & "free" shuttle service excellent. But the unadvertised $30/night "resort fee" is a rort & insult when rooms are already quite pricey; it should be rolled into the room charge.

Concierge was hopeless, often not available. They refused to book a restaurant for us, saying that they "knew" it was fully booked. We rang the restaurant ourselves & booked a table easily.

The 8K Restaurant was nice, but the greeter arrogant. We were initially refused a table as they were "fully booked" because "we're the only nice place in town to eat so everyone comes here". They found us a table due to a "cancellation" anyway; the restaurant never went over half full.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback on your recent visit with us. I apologize that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations as we strive to create the most positive experiences possible. It is only through such input that we can continue to improve so as to ensure the ongoing satisfaction for our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can further assist in any way.

Best,

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My first stay at a Viceroy was the Viceroy Anguilla. It was lovely! Very spacious, and great amenities. For that reason, I had high hopes for the Viceroy Snowmass. From the exterior, it looks a lot like The Peaks in Telluride, but it is new of course. I booked a 2 bedroom residence at $2150 a night. The residence is a small suite. It is a crowded space for 4 people. Fortunately, I am with family. I have stayed at many of the condo complexes in Snowmass at significantly lower prices. Given the size of this "residence," I would not stay here again. Yes, it is newer, and has higher end finishes, but what good is that if your party is crowded into a small space. Lesson learned, I will rent a house or condo next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
Aspen Meadows Resort
Aspen Meadows Resort
#5 of 36 in Aspen
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!