“great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Collins, Colorado
“great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great place. fantastic rooms better than home very luxurious. Food was good room service and all staff very friendly and helpful.
This is not a hotel really set up for conferences tho' the elevators are slow , there is no real stair access and the public spaces by the meeting rooms are narrow. That said it was a great place to stay.
Staying during the fall shoulder season was a great value but unless you only want to eat at the hotel it is not overly close to anything and felt a bit isolated. I am sure that the shuttles could have taken us places but this was conference so not a lot of extra time.

Room Tip: try get rooms with a western or northern view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass while visiting for a conference. I am also very happy to hear that our rooms and staff have made a lasting impression on you and that we are able to welcome you back to Snowmass Village for another visit, perhaps this time for pleasure.

Best,

Hugh Templeman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

An excellent resort. Staffs are very friendly. Room is absolutely fantastic. Modern decor, huge restroom, fully equipped kitchen, TV with CD player, iDock - you have everything you need.
Comments:
1. There are extra charges when you check in the hotel. First, there is 15$ resort fee. Next, there is 15$ valet fee. Valet is NOT optional. You HAVE to use the valet service. Also, add the tip to the driver everytime you get your car. Altogether, you will easily end up spending extra 50$ for a night stay.
2. There are only handful of restaurants nearby. You have two options. Either, you have to drive to Aspen (20 mins drive). Or, eat in the 8K restaurant within the hotel. If you are staying between wednesday to sunday, you are lucky. Rest of the week, they have limited restaurant service for the dinner. You have to choose from a tiny menu with only 10 options. Food is very expensive in the restaurant. It tastes good though.
3. If you are visiting Aspen area, I would recommend staying in Aspen rather than in Snowmass village.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to the Viceroy Snowmass and for sharing your thoughts to fellow travelers. I am very happy to hear that our comfortable, yet deluxe rooms as well as our staff have made a lasting impression on you. I can assure you that any charges applicable are outlined in our confirmation letter and on our website. We look forward to your next visit with us here in Colorado!

Wentzville Mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place is just wonderful. The rooms are spacious, clean, and we loved staying there. We had a one bedroom, that comes with a kitchen, big living area and huge bathroom. The staff are excellent and cater to your every whim. The restaurant was pretty good, but thought choices were limited. Can't wait to stay again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Welcome back to the Viceroy Snowmass, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with fellow travelers! I am so happy to hear that our staff and levels of service far exceeded your expectations! We look forward to your return as a “Benchmark” guest with previous visits, and also look forward to continuing to create lifelong memories for you and your family.

Warmest Regards,

Frisco, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a very nice contempory styled hotel. Everything was wonderful except for their valet parking...that's fine, but not too convenient if you need to get things out of your car, as they either have to drive it up to the front door for you or escort you down to it to retrieve anything. Other than that
it is great! I might suggest just parking in the public parking structure which is a few hundred yards away, much easier to deal with. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with fellow travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back to Snowmass very soon!

All the Best,

Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

What a wonderful experience - eating dinner at the Viceroy Hotel. The wait staff was attentive and gracious. However, the food was incredible. While visiting in the area my family chose to eat two dinners at this fine hotel. From the soup, bread, appetizers, to the entres, everything was delicious. The presentation was artistic, and flavors popped in everthing we ate. Also, we enjoyed the views of the aspens changing to yellow looking across and down valley as we dined. I would return there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Golfer958
Thank you so much for your pleasant review of our signature restaurant, 8K. I am quite thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the creations of our Executive Chef, Will Nolan and his culinary team so much. We hope that you are back in the area soon to experience his latest creations for our winter menus set to be released very soon!

Best,

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

One of the best accommodations I've ever experienced! Beautiful contemporary rooms. Bedroom separated from bathroom by glass wall (an electric shade conceals the view of the bath when wanted, but transparent when viewed from bathroom). This allows you to watch the large screen TV or the bedroom fireplace while soaking in the spacious claw foot tub! Bath also has a large walk-in shower. Room also has a cook top range and fridge, unique decor, lots of fine wood panels and slate tiles. Gorgeous! The hallways are richly furnished in wood accents and mood lighting.

Outdoors there's a pool with two hot-tubs, lavish furnishings, with ski chair lifts operating over-head close by. Surrounding environment lush with mountain views.

Service top quality, with friendly staff to help with any need, including complimentary shuttle to nearby services.

Unfortunately this was a one night stay for us on our itinerary, but we're already planning a trip next year with the Viceroy as our only multi-day destination!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted to hear that our property location and well appointed rooms have made such a lasting impression on you that you have already planned your vacation time next year to stay longer! Thank you for your time in writing about your previous stay here. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Viceroy very soon!

Warmest Regards,

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

First of all I want to say that this place was hands down one of the most stunningly beautiful and well-appointed properties I have EVER stayed at in my LIFE. I wish I could have stayed here for my entire stay in Colorado. It was remarkable and there are only 2 reasons I can’t give it a 5 star on this review which I will touch on later (I will say that the hotel itself deserves a 5 star). But first of all the pros of this property. GORGEOUS. The décor is impeccable. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a 2 bedroom unit which was amazing. The view are nice from all the rooms, the beds are so comfortable, full kitchen, full laundry, shower was great, fireplace in bedroom and livingroom, everything was modern, great size balcony, fluffy bathrobes, super comfy couch. It was like our own little house. I could not have loved it more. The hotel itself was also beautiful. Although I did not eat in the restaurant it looked stunning. The lobby is huge with free coffee and water. The concierge was so sweet and helpful. Gave us advice on where to see some elk at sunset and it was spot on! The pool area is beautiful, right under the ski lift (although that was not operating as we were there in off season). 2 cabanas with fire pits. Pool towels are really nice and the furniture really nice as well. We couldn’t figure out how to get the jets going on the Jacuzzi though. We found the dial and turned the timer but the jets never turned on. Ice water was also available by the pool as well. I liked that. Most of the staff we encountered was very kind and helpful and more than accommodating. They have a shuttle service which is free and will take you into town. This seemed like a good idea but we had a bad experience with it. So I will recommend if you use it make sure you are VERY clear with the driver where you will be picked up again. We were dropped off at the balloon festival in one area and was told to call when we needed a return which we did. They said they would pick us up where they dropped us off but drivers apparently dropped us off at a different location so after numerous calls we were finally picked up over an hour after our first call. It was late and we were freezing cold. I will say that I am willing to overlook misunderstandings but at one point I had some guy on the phone kept saying for us to “just go to the traffic circle at the country club” we had no idea where that was and when I tried to explain that and tell him where we were he just kept telling me to go to this place I had no knowledge of. Very frustrating. We eventually hiked down the hill to find a traffic cop who directed us up another hill and when we finally got there the shuttle was pulling away so we had to wait again. It was a nightmare. We opted to drive ourselves from then on which is my second aggravation and one that is causing me to not be able to give this property the perfect rating it otherwise deserves. There is NO self-parking at this hotel and you have to valet park which means everytime you get the car out you have to tip in addition to being charged $15 for the privilege of having someone park my car. Annoying. First of all just stop nickel and diming me. There are some people who love valet and for those people who CHOOSE it then fine but if I am being forced to valet my car then just put it in my rate. Don’t insult me with all the little nickel and dime charges. Like the resort fee. Fine charge it. But just put it in the rate. It really stinks when you get a rate and then have to factor in all the extra charges…$15 resort fee, $15 valet… If there is no way to avoid paying the fee why wouldn’t you just include it in the rate? Like the resort fee. Everyone has to pay it regardless of whether you use any of the things the fee includes so why make it an “extra charge”. I know a lot of resorts do this and it annoys me every time. This wouldn’t stop me from staying there, but just be aware of it so it doesn’t surprise you.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your recent stay at the Viceroy Snowmass! You chose a wonderful time of year to visit the mountains of Colorado and the weekend of the Snowmass Balloon Festival had spectacular fall colors for viewing! We hope to have you back soon to experience another season with here in Snowmass Village.

All the Best,

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
The Limelight Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#2 of 13 in Snowmass Village
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#7 of 13 in Snowmass Village

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!