“Great fun...stay as long as you want playing with the dogs.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Krabloonik Dogsled Rides

Krabloonik Dogsled Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Krabloonik is the fascinating and woinderful combination of wilderness dog sledding and elegant fine fine dining at an authentic and extensive log cabin. Celebrate the wild!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great fun...stay as long as you want playing with the dogs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

We had been dogsledding before in Canada but the runs at Krabloonik were much better. You can stay as long as you like afterwards visitng the almost 300 dogs and puppies they have on the property. My only suggestion would be to have someone available at some point during the run to snap a photo. The manager, Guy, was great!

Visited March 2012

Johnsburg, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“My favorite restaurant in Snowmass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a superb restaurant if you like game. I did not do the dig sleds myself.

Visited March 2012
Colorado City, Colorado
“Beautiful experience, mixed personal feelings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

I did the sled ride this afternoon with my 2 young kids and thought the experience was truly beautiful and exciting. The one thing I will say is that I felt sorry for the dogs only because of the way I saw the guides(sled drivers) handling them after the trip as they picked them from the hanses and trie dot get them back to the secure area where they all 'live'......it was mixed feelings because I am aware they are working dogs and need a more controlled treatment in order to protect the safety of the clients coming but one begins to wonder how these dogs are truly treated....they do sleep outside have little huts as I call them that they can go into but after reading a few reviews on mistreatment I am beginning to feel weary although my kids wanted to do it again and so do I.....feelings aside it was a lot of fun and the meal was fantastic....but I am an animal lover and just hope that the dogs are treated well....it would be disgraceful if this was otherwise.

Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great scenery, nice tour...not worth the cost...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I came to Aspen on our honeymoon this past week, and my husband wanted to surprise me with a fun and unique experience that we wouldn't be able to do just anywhere. He worked with the concierge at the St. Regis to book this event. We were both very eager, until we learned the day of, that the cost was $340 PER PERSON...not couple. And this didn't include our transportation to or from the tour, nor did it include alcohol during the meal or gratuity. They require a 24 hr. cancellation, so we were stuck. We are in our early 30's, live in the city of Chicago, and are fairly used to spending a few hundred dollars on a dinner or evening out..... but getting a bill for $700...and then being asked to tip an additional 20% seems ridiculous to me.

On a good note, our musher was great, and the sled ride was nice. The dinner was okay, however, our driver from the St. Regis arrived at 7:30 on time (sled ride was at 3:30pm)...and the meal hadn't come out yet. We had to get it packed up to go, and didn't even get dessert. We left without tipping either the musher nor the server and we felt horrible...as they both worked hard, but weren't able to reak any benefits of this. I would skip this, unless you have a very NICE size disposable income.

Dillons from Chicago

Visited January 2012
3 Thank Sandy D
Wake Forest, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

We went for lunch and an afternoon dogsled ride. The lunch was excellent with some unusual offerings. The server was very attentive, and portion sizes were just right. There is a nice selection of wines to accompany your meal. After lunch, we met our "musher" Curtis and the dog sled team. The dogs were very anxious to start their run. Another reviewer mentioned that she thought the dogs were mistreated here. I disagree. The dogs want to run, and seemed impatient to start again when we would stop. In addition, the musher needs to establish that he is in control so the ride is safe, and the dogs stay safe as well. I didnt see anything that suggested mistreatment.
The ride through the mountain trail is breathtakingly beautiful. We were given a chance to get out and stretch our legs and take some pictures. The ride was about 90 minutes, and went by quickly. It was not cheap, but was well worth it as I would say this was one of the highlights of my trip. Ask for Curtis - he was fun and informative and very good at what he does.