“Excellent local grill”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent local grill”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had breakfast there every morning. It is a local grill doing an above average job and at a lower price than fancier looking places. The owners were very friendly people and prepared our food with as much care and attention as we would at home.

1 Thank docfrank2013

Littleton, Colorado
“Not as great as everyone thinks!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were very disappointed with our 6/14/14 visit after riding the train to Silverton. My husband had the huevos ranchero and was mildly satisfied. The green chili is average but with no pork, it has no flavor. That's a crime for Colorado! I had a Navajo taco with ground beef. And that's exactly what it was. Fried bread, (pretty good, a bit oily) fried ground beef, covered with fresh lettuce and tomatoes. Then a very watery poor try at red chili sauce was poured over the whole taco. The cook would do justice to her cooking if she'd learn to make great green and red chili. Beans, sour cream and avocado would have been nice on the taco. My grand son who is 6 ordered a pizza with cheese. Once again it was served on fry bread with a very strong tomato paste scantly covered with cheddar cheese. This isn't a pizza. Get some pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and it would be delicious. Our meal total was over $40 for three of us. I think it's about 25% over priced.
I do want to point out that it's a darling, cute, clean place. The owners are delightful, friendly and very present to answer questions. It's a serve yourself diner which is ok. I'd come back if the menu was expanded a bit and the sauces were improved. I'd love to come and teach you how to make great green and red chili!

1 Thank jcdmrich
“Amazing Little Restaraunt”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stumbled into Mattie and Maude's one quiet weekday morning thanks to Tripadvisor. Although Silverton is a small town, dining options seem to be plentiful and this place topped the list. 30 minutes later we could see why. We were helped by the owners who not only make sure you get great service, but also do the cooking which is outstanding. I had the best huevos rancheros I've eaten in my 48 years and my wife's pancakes were phenomenal. Not sure how they do it, but Laurie is an exceptional cook. Her husband took plenty of time to tell us about things to do and see in the area even drawing us maps to local scenic spots. 3 days later into our vacation we drove 30 miles out of our way for another breakfast. This time I tried the fry bread which was equally as awesome. All I can say is EAT HERE!!!

2 Thank Grahame A
“Everything was yummy!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband had a BLT (on frybread), I had yummy beef tacos and the owners served us Fry Bread with a heaping portion of sliced strawberries and whipping cream - absolutely the best strawberry "shortcake" I've ever had! There were a lot of locals eating in the restaurant, which says a LOT about a restaurant. We've eaten at most of the other restaurants in Silverton, but this was by far the yummiest!

2 Thank Kimberly W
“Good old fashion experience ”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

First off I would like to say the person who gave the review of where's the bun is on crack and has no soul. Any ways this place is amazing. The 2 owners are funny and great to talk to. The atmosphere is that good old fashion small town feel I was looking for. The food is beyond excellent and tasty. Try the stuffed cheese crisp and the fry bred. I'll will be attending every time I come to silverton with my family. Thanks Lori for the food and laughs.

3 Thank Ryan M

Been to Mattie and Maud's? Share your experiences!