“A must visit.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great selection of items to choose from. Went with the Philly Steak sandwich. Beef was tender. Sandwich needed a little more flavor. The onion rings were awesome and the must try is the BBQ sauce. Put it on anything and everything. It's that good. Didn't need desert but the peach cobbler sounded way to good and it was. Not too sweet. Just right. A table next to me hade the chicken pot pie and it looked like your mom (if she can cook) makes at home. Service was good. I was very impressed with the younger kids helping out. Very polite and on the spot. I would send my son there for the summer to work.

There are newer reviews for Handlebars Restaurant & Saloon

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited with the family, everyone was happy with their selections and the staff was fast and helpful.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Not Impressed. We ate at Handlebars twice while vacationing in Silverton. The first time due to recommendation the second time was out of desperation (they are open late). The food, at best, was only average and I would consider pricey for what we were served. Service was poor (a pop cost $2.50 and no one at our table received a refill; all glasses were empty throughout meal), but to be fair I think we simply had a bad waitress as other tables were being waited on my their waitresses.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

we eat at handlebars every time we are in silverton--always crowded/busy, and for a good reason--it's the best place in town for a good meal--sandwiches to steak/prime rib, or if you like, rocky mountain oysters--a little spendy, but for a tourist town, not that bad--

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The ambience of this restaurant / bar is just so Silverton... it takes you entire visit to take in all the wall decorations, etc. I had a quick visit to Silverton and the Handlebars Restaurant was on the schedule - on July 30th - decided to keep it light - ha ha. I had an order of the "yummy" giant onion rings and a beer (on tap you get it served in a cute handled pint mug) and I had a marvelous meal. I highly recommend the onion rings - even for two - it is great. I was a busy place at this time - with the Durango/Silverton Railroad in town... make the time to visit Handlebars.... it is well worth the time. Enjoy!