“Good food, very attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Teller house

Teller house
Ranked #16 of 30 Restaurants in Silverton
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Woodland Park
“Good food, very attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went on a hot evening and we about baked in the dining room...it was one of the hottest days that Silverton has had in a while. The food was good, loved the portabello mushrooms stuffed with seafood. The rest of the food was average but the servers were very attentive and made sure out waterglasses were never empty and that we had everything we needed. I felt like we got a pretty good experience from this small town restaurant, and what they lacked in air conditioning they made up with great service and decent food.

Visited June 2013

Denver, Colorado
“A Beautiful Nod to the Past in Historic Silverton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I found myself in Silverton after bailing from a segment of the Colorado Trail at Stony Pass due to altitude illness. Rudy at the Teller House was friendly and very accomodating. I appreciated the historic elegance of the Teller House. This beautiful building may have modern conveniences, but serves as a reminder of life in Silverton during the late 1800s. A great value in this historic mining town!

Visited June 2013
Colorado, USA
“Very nice breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Ate a late breakfast here last week with several friends on our way to Ouray and Telluride. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The dishes tasted and looked great. Coffee was decent but nothing special. Service was a bit slow (reduced staff due to off season) but our waitress was friendly and got all out orders right. We all agreed it was a great choice.

• Visited May 2013
Durango
“By far the most awful Mexican I've ever had. And I eat a lot of Mexican food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We came up from Dutango for New Years Eve and stopped in for dinner at The Teller Restaurant. We were quickly seated and drinks brought to us promptly. The server tool our order quickly and brought out some very good salsa and chips. When's shredded beef burrito arrived it looked delicious even though it was a bit light in the sauce. When I took my first bite it was te toughest, saltiest piece of shoe leather I've ever eaten. No cheese, no rice, no beans. My three kids had the same experience. My wife had the chicken burrito which was dry and grisly. Our mistake was not complaining, we were all dog tired and didn't want to wait for more food. The kids meals are the price of what an adult meal should be and the adult meal was WAAAAAY overpriced. I go to Silverton quite a bit as we live in Durango. I won't be back to this place. Except for the salsa, it was on track with the worst Mexican food ever.

2 Thank Steven S
Lubbock, Texas
“Good Mexican food CAN be found in Silverton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

One of the best meals we've had here.
We had chicken fajitas hubby had "pick2" build your own meal. He got beef enchilada and a tamale. Both were served with Mexican rice and redefined beans.

I always rate Mexican restaurants according to their chips and salsa. The chips were warm, crispy and tasty. salsa was some of the best ive ever tasted. I even spooned it all over my fajitas. Flavorful and just the right amount of hot. I feel that hot is not a flavor, and you should taste more than that, and this had wonderful flavors.
Mexican rice was also very good. I really enjoyed it. Beans were good and the fajitas were yummy.
Salsa and rice were my favorites, but everything was good. I didn't expect to find good Mexican inSilverton!

Been to Teller house? Share your experiences!