“Just Awesome”
Review of Canyon View Motel

Canyon View Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Silverton
Canyon View Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Silverton
Denver, Colorado
“Just Awesome”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Canyon View is exactly what you need after a long day 4wheeling, hiking, camping or general sightseeing. The owners are friendly and fun. The other guest are just as layed backed and enjoying the wonderful view.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
PA
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We have stayed here each of the past 4 years. Joe built the 10 unit motel and he and Cheryl keep it immaculate. Rooms are spacious with a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, table with 2 chairs, full bath, and cable tv. Upper 5 rooms have a shared balcony with unbelievable mountain views of the area in all directions. Joe and Cheryl are great! They have kept the pricing down to where it's so affordable. This is our favorite place to go and stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Beaver Creek, Colorado
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I made my reservation on a Tuesday, and arrived on that Friday evening. I was told I was booking the last available room. The man on the phone seemed really nice, asking about my dog, and even inquired about an old friend of his who lived in my town. I was really looking forward to staying here, because the price was cheap and it had great reviews.
When we arrived after a 5 hour drive, there was a sign on the door of the office that said "Closed for Business", and when you called the listed number it just rang endlessly. There were people milling around outside who said they were waiting for the sheriff to decide if they had to leave or could stay, since they had already checked in before the owner left.
Honestly, the whole thing was really frustrating, and I wound up having to pay $250/night an hour away to find somewhere else to stay with my dog. It made my cheap family get away cost an additional $500+, not to mention the headache of finding another place to stay.
I still had a great weekend, but I wouldn't risk this hotel again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kissum

Travelers are raving about these Silverton hotels

Chicago
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Disappointed in the room. Overpriced for what you get. When approaching the owner/manager, they would not even speak with me. In fact they were threatening. We definitely were treated with disrespect. I will say the room was clean, however it offered ZERO amm and for the price I'd go to the Imperial. I WILL never stay again and cannot recommend only because of service. There is none. Check around you'll find much better in Silverton.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank warningfromIl
La Porte, TX
Reviewed January 16, 2008

This was the best motel experience of my week long trip. Great value, great view, nice and quiet. Owners were nice and so were the other occupants. Good size room for family of 4, including the bathroom.

Nice little place...not too nice though, because I don't want it to be booked up the next time I want to stay there.

• Liked — Value and location
  • Disliked — Nothing negative to say
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank carnbravila
Springvale, Maine
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I came up to Silverton on a mining road motorcycle trip. I found the room comfortable, spacious and very clean. I arrived late so I didn't get to meet the owners until the next day (they left a key out for me). When I did meet them, they came across the parking lot just to say hi. Later, on arriving back at the motel in the rain with the motorcycle caked in mud, I was offered rags to clean her off. (I've heard some oafs use motel towels to do such a job.) I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants a clean, warm room with a great view. (Isn't that everyone?)

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank Eric B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2005

My party stayed at this motel for one night. We had had a negative experience with one of the larger hotels in Silverton last year. The rooms were large and clean, the beds comfortable. The water was hot, and the view from the balcony very pleasant. It's at the end of town, so you don't hear much noise at night. The owners are friendly, helpful folks, not the indifferent types you encounter so often in chain motels.

• Stayed September 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Teller House
#13 of 15 in Ouray
The Hotel Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#1 of 11 in Telluride

Been to Canyon View Motel? Share your experiences!