“Great place and very reasonable!”
Review of Canyon View Motel

Canyon View Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Silverton
Canyon View Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Silverton
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed here 7/3. Silverton is a very cool, albeit VERY small town, and it was tough to find any lodging that allowed dogs. They were also very accommodating of our late arrival.

Although we ended up leaving the dogs at home, they still put a few dog treats on a plate with my dogs names' on a card. They also provide a bed cover and dog towels. Never seen that before. Outstanding attention to detail.

Room is very basic, but very clean. Coming from Phoenix, it was nice to have cold water out of the shower that was actually drinkable.

Location is nice and easy to find. About 1/8 mile to "downtown," and it's a very pretty walk. Loved it.

Very quiet at night. Slept great. The couple that runs it were pretty nice. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weinerdrizzle3000
There are newer reviews for Canyon View Motel

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at Canyon View every year for three years now to do some high-altitude training hikes for an upcoming week-long trek. I always hike with my dog and that's the reason I first chose Canyon View. They are SO dog-friendly! I have yet to actually meet the owners because I arrive after they've left the office and leave before they're there the next morning. They always leave the key in the room and everything is always in perfect order. Even better, there are dog treats, towels to dry my dog, Ike's paws, and even an extra sheet to put on the bed so that he gets to sleep on a bed, too. Incredible. Internet, DirecTV, coffee maker, refrigerator, and even makeup remover towelettes are all included. I have stayed in some very high-end hotels all over the world and Canyon View, while not fancy or luxurious, is still one of my favorites. Ike and I thank Joe and Cheryl for their part in a great weekend. As a side note, I actually left my key in the door lock overnight while I slept. While I don't recommend this to anyone, obviously I was quite safe as it was still there the next morning when I was greeted by a friendly "hello" from the bikers next door!

Room Tip: Stairs to the upper floor are see-through steel mesh, so some dogs (and people) might have a hard ti...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Terri G
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived here. I had taken the train from Durango to Silverton that day (May 10, 2014), rode the bus back and then drove here. I called the owner, Joe, from Durango and he said that by the time I got here he would not be here but would leave the room open and the key on the table. The room is very large and light and so is the bathroom. I found it to be very clean except for a few smudges on the bathroom door. From reading the previous comments it seems that the motel has been opened since 2003 and it looks like it could use some new tiles in the ceiling but besides that the maintenance has been very well kept up.

The owners Joe and Cheryl have been very pleasant to me and Joe has given me information about where to go, etc. This is at the time the last Winter Storm hit in 2014. Therefore, I was very surprised to read the comments about his rudeness and being volatile. I have not experienced this at all. However, when you read more than one comment about these situations, you do tend to believe that these situations can happen, but I would like to think this only happens under a lot of stress. The clock incident could have been handled better by the people that stayed by reporting the problem immediately (since you knew you had to be up early) but $25.00 for a small alarm clock that probably costs $7.50 at Target is pretty unreasonable.

To "Reasonbe" most motel owners do not return items that are left at their motel. Instead of making a bad situation worse, returning to the motel (since you were only 50 miles away) and talking reasonable and rationally and asking where the trash is would have been much more wise. Most of the time the reviews are not strictly honest and if your wife raised her voice, that would definitely cause the situation to escalate.

I slept very well and was very comfortable for my whole stay and never had any problems. Now I am writing this before I leave so if any problems do come up, I will be sure to report them. However, as I stated, my stay was very pleasant and I will definitely stay here again. The price was extremely reasonable at $60.00 a night. I cannot say as to how much it is for extra people but to the people that stayed here with children and were charged, you can pretty much expect this from any place except Holiday Inn.

People need to be more understanding of what a Mom and Pop motel establishment have to deal with. People do steal, spill, deliberately destroy things, complain about any and everything, and this is very stressful - not to mention expensive - for the owners. So, people, cut them a break!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Susan L
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Canyon View Motel. The owners are very nice people and they love dogs, so the place is very pet-friendly. We had our dog with us. Our room was new, clean, and well-lit. We even had DirecTv. And the heater easily kept our room warm. We have stayed here before and we will definitely come back again.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Sa C
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I see our previous review has disappeared; here's a recap. The owners' policy is to immediately throw away anything left in your room after departure. We forgot our toilet kit (it happens) with medicines and $300 Rx glasses. We called from 50 miles distant and were told, basically, too bad too sad. Male owner told my wife to eff/off when she got angry. We called the sheriff, who was familiar with this sketchy guy, who retrieved the kit, and I drove back to pick it up. Said sketchy male owner was very hostile and threatened us outright. His poor and no doubt long suffering wife was slightly more apologetic. There is a NRA Stand And Fight sticker, among others, on the office window. Maybe it's your kind of place. You've been warned.

Room Tip: More friendly to dogs than humans.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank reasonbe
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Rooms are large and very clean. Microwave, fridge and I think there was a coffee maker. Next door to a Grocery store. Owners gave me a run down on the city and things to do and places to eat. Reasonable rates. The hotel is kind of on the edge of town, but the town is maybe 5 or 6 block long. Owner let me borrow a fishing pole. I was there for a motorcycle trail riding rally. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The Canyon View Motel located in Silverton is a perfect fit for the town. Its not a 5 star motel but it is everything you need. The rooms are very large in size and bathrooms are actually incredibly spacious. Our room had a microwave and fridge which was ultra convienent. Rooms were very clean and this is coming from a germ-o-phobe. Rooms are a steal at less than $100 per night. We stayed 5 days at the Canyon view the first week of August. Joe and his wife (the owners) were incredible hosts. Joe would visit with us each day on the porch and provide recommendations and tips on where to visit as well as on the history of the town. I strongly urge everyone to stay at the Canyon View while in Silverton....We Will!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Ldcampbell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Teller House
Purgatory Village Condo Hotel
Triangle Motel
Triangle Motel
#4 of 7 in Silverton

Been to Canyon View Motel? Share your experiences!