“Good given the town.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stopped for lunch after arriving on the Durango Silverton Train. We were seated and served quickly which was important given the short window we had to eat and shop before reboarding the train. Food was good, but not great and portions were okay. Enjoyed the piano player even though we were seated right next to the piano.

This is a good place given that it's 100% tourists, it just wasn't outstanding. To put it in perspective we would eat there again, but it's not the lunch highlight of our trip.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Located in an old hotel complete with a beautiful old bar, this is a great place to eat, especially if you have arrived in town on the Durango-Silverton Railroad. It is located one street up from where the train arrives and many people stop at the restaurants on the first street. Grumpy's has delicious food, I especially like the the french onion soup. My husband usually goes for the hamburger. For us it is a traditional stop we have been making for many years. The service is excellent and they get you in and out so you have some time to shop in town.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were 4 wheeling & tired & ready for a nice meal. We were greeted warmly, as the piano was being played with songs from the movie "The Sting." Not dressing up wasn't a problem. Had a good meal with onion soup. As we watched the steaks go by my husband wished he'd ordered one. I would recommend it if in town. Love the atmosphere. Food was okay.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were recommended to go to Handlebars and they were packed. Grumpy's has great piano music playing so we went in. They seated us right away and got us our food quickly, and everyone was very friendly. But the food wasn't great and it was on the spendier side. We had a good time here though. Piano was a nice touch and wasn't so loud that we couldn't hear.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My mother, daughter and I ate here last Friday and it was Steak Night! Our steaks were cooked just how we asked and it was the perfect portion. With the amount of food on the plate I really could have done without the corn on the side as I didn't have room for it. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and atmosphere!