“Praise and Hallelujahs!”

The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House
Ranked #2 of 5 Silverton B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I recently had the extreme pleasure of happening upon The Historic Alma House in Silverton.  The hotel is just lovely.  That we were able to walk in and get a wonderful, HUGE room was an absolute blessing.  Besides falling in love with the town and your establishment, our experience was made all the more exceptional because of the inn keepers, especially Magan.  She couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.  Rarely do you find service at her level.  If I had the means, I would have rewarded her in gold, alas all I have is a grateful heart and words of praise.
Please let this note do as much good for your innkeepers as possible, and rest assured knowing that these two are amazing employees.
All this and I didn't even mention the food!!! I mean the house always smelled of cookies and the breakfast....Just wonderful.
Laura and Baby Kate
Texas

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura L
There are newer reviews for The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a group of 4 stay for a night at this bed and breakfast. I wish we could have stay more than one night. The inn keepers were wonderful. The homemade cookies and breakfast was very delicious. My favorite was the french toast. I would have to say that it was the best place in town. You should definitely try it out!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are neat. They all have their own look to them.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

9 of us were touring by bicycle. After a particularly challenging day riding from Durango, CO, to Silverton, we were delighted to spend the last night of the tour at The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House. We were greeted with muffins as we arrived. The rooms are lovely, nicely furnished and comfortable. There is a lovely sitting room where we sat and talked after our long ride and where I sat and read for a while. Outside, there is a lovely gazebo as well as hot tub. Much appreciated by the group was a shed to store our bikes. Before going out for supper, we were treated to port and appetizers (mozzarella, tomatoes and basil pesto). Breakfast was excellent, french toast, home made granola, yoghurt. Perfect for the start of our last day of cycling, over the Million Dollar Highway.
The innkeepers, Megan and Dooley, are friendly and very attentive.

Silverton is small, quite isolated in a lovely setting. Alma House is truly "historic." Don't expect a five star hotel but given the setting, one could not do better. It was clearly the nicest place we stayed at during our trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PedalerPaul
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We just returned from Silverton and our second stay at Alma House. It was an amazing trip. The Alma House has new inn keepers and they are great. The room was spotless and the breakfasts were amazing each morning. Of course they are famous for their homemade granola and it was still wonderful but the french toast served one morning I think will soon be a demanded favorite. I wish them all the success in the world and if you are in the area stop and say hello and better yet stay a few nights and experience true hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toni Ross W
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We have just left the Inn of the Rockies after a 3 night stay. This is an historic building in Silverton which has been kept in character with its roots. There is a new couple in charge of running the hotel, Megan and Dooley. They were the most welcoming hostes I have come across in years. Nothing seemed to much trouble and we felt that there was nothing we couldn't ask for. Dooley is an excellent cook who shared his homemade chocolate cake and port with us in the garden one afternoon. Breakfast was excellent and all freshly prepared.
The room was a good size and whilst there had a look in at some of the other rooms that weren't occupied. All were we'll presented. Towels etc were of an excellent quality which gave a real feel of luxury. There is a small sitting room for guest use and a large garden with several chairs and tables available. We made use of the hot tub which is also in the garden. This gives beautiful views across to the mountains.
Having walked around the town there didn't appear to be any other hotels that provided such good accommodation with a garden to relax in. I would highly recommend this hotel. Good luck Megan and Dooley with this venture

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My friends and I found ourselves in Slverton almost by accident one day in March of 2012. We descended on The Inn of the Rockies quite by accident - and quite late in the day. Nevertheless, our hosts not only took on our motley crew, they proceeded to provide us with a breath-taking level of service. The house itself is *wonderful* - my clawfoot-tub fantasy was completely fulfilled. And, when the low-altitude Texan - me - cratered from altitude sickness, I was the grateful recipient of room-service remedies.

The scenery to which I refer in the title of this review is absolutely stunning. Even in late March, it was a unbelievable aesthetic treat to be surrounded by those mountains. And the town of Silverton itself is quite scenic - I took a zillion pictures.

I have stayed in countless B&Bs - from Norumbega in Maine to The Lodge at Palo Pinto,Texas - and this was by far my best experience!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed March 22, 2012

What a wonderful surprise to find a truly wonderful B & B in little Silverton, Colorado. My husband & I enjoyed a very comfortable night followed by a delicious breakfast in the morning! The french toast, and smoothies were the perfect fuel for a day of skiing at Silverton! Amy & William were most welcoming and accommodated our every need.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CGGJ79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Grand Imperial Hotel
Hotel Ouray
Hotel Ouray
#2 of 15 in Ouray
Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs

Been to The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House? Share your experiences!